Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Door Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Door Kit

Here is the famous door kit from BBQ_Bill I don't believe he's putting them together anymore, if he is he can correct me and you can get it from him. If not, then here it is and you can try to piece it together yourself.

The handle consists of a stainless steel carriage bolt. A standard bolt would probably work as well. You'll need two nuts. I'm not sure where to get the 'spring', but I suppose it is optional or some other material that will stay cool to the touch. What it does for you is keeps the lid draining back to the cook box. It's been a long time since I put mine in, but you remove the button head bolt and replace it with the long bolt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3239.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	952006

Name:	IMG_3241.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	952005

Name:	IMG_3240.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	952007

The door removal part is very simple, a stainless steel tube. Once you have obtained the correct size you cut the door rod in the centre. I used a grinder with a cutting wheel. Then it is a simple matter of sliding the tube on one half, aligning the two halves, and then sliding the tube over so it is equally on both halves. Warning: Do NOT cut the door rod until you have the correct size tube, once cut there is no going back and you must have the tube.

Name:	IMG_3243.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	952008

Name:	IMG_3244.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	952009

Name:	IMG_3245.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	952004

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	952010

Obviously it is moot if you don't clean your unit! But this is what it looks like installed. The cut on the door rod is under the tube and equally spaced on each half of the rod.

Moot! Moot!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Black grease and stainless steel is my favourite colour scheme! ;-)

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I was almost embarrassed thinking I was alone on that one.

• FattyArbrisket
      FattyArbrisket commented
      Editing a comment
      Those were the colors for my wedding!

I've had the kit for years and the only part I need to replace is the spring part of the handle, which has gotten a little rusty.

I'm looking to spring for a new one if anyone knows of a source...

Comment

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazon or Lone Star Grillz sell them... This link is to Lone Star Grillz as they were cheaper for 304 Stainless than what was available on Amazon.. https://lonestargrillz.com/products/...-spring-handle

• Zac Jones
      Zac Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for the heads up! I'll pick up another set right now!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here