Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Pork Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ Pork Butt

Put a couple of boneless butts on the KBQ over the weekend for the first time and was surprised how good they turned out. It ran about 225 – 250 for 11 hours before they hit about 200. No water pan, no spritzing with liquid, no wrapping, and no injection. Just rubbed them heavily and let the hickory and the KBQ do its thing. I was trying to get a good baseline as this was my first pork butt on the KBQ. Honestly I don’t think I would change a thing. I ran the bottom poppet fully open the whole time and the top about half open for about 5 hours. A couple of those small loose chunks around where the bone was removed were a little dry but it was minimal. It fell apart just trying to get it off the rack and the flavor was awesome. I am always amazed at the pleasant smokey flavor the KBQ gives to anything I have thrown at it.
    Attached Files

Now that is some good looking meat!

Comment

Me likey, I have two shoulders on my BKK hope they turn out looking that good

Comment

Going to make me break quarantine for some butts!!!

Comment

Man that looks good. I am going to do a pork butt as soon as I can go down the stairs without my cane and holding the stair rail to get to the smoker. I haven't smoked anything since I broke my hip in November. I'm in withdrawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Drool-icious! Fine Job!
            Love th colour ya got offa yer KBQ,
            I'd be usin me a sandpail shovel to chow down on summa dat.
            Then, I'd be findin me a recliner, couch, beanbag, whatever it takes, fer a spell.
            Keep em Warm, please, case lookin at these cause I'll be back fer Seconds, once my system reboots, post-nap...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here