Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide que

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide que

I know this is probably sacrilegious, but I have started to become intrigued with experimenting with the combination of smoking and sous vide cooking. This technique is well documented in numerous YouTube videos. It provides the abililty to provide the clean smoke flavor of the Karubecue with the perfect degree of doneness provided by sous vide cooking. The final browning/bark formation is done with a Searzall. What I have observed is food with a smoky flavor, classic smoke ring, and predictable perfect level of doneness that is very difficult to achieve by conventional methods. The only downside I have observed is that I have not been able to develop the thick black classic brisket bark, even with a Searzall at the finish. The main posiitive of this technique is convenience and economy. You can apply smoke for just a couple of hours, and then sous vide the meat to perfect doneness and texture. No feeding wood into the Karubecue for 8 to 12 hours. The food can taste great with MUCH less tending to the smoker and the result is much more predictable. The Sous Vide Everything YouTube videos are great.
    Has anyone else experimented with this technique?

There’s a bunch of recipes on the main site here. I prefer QVQ (smoke- sous vide - smoke).

We have done quite a bit of experimenting here and with good results.

“Two-Week QVQ Pastrami” A: 12lb packer cured into corned beef, 5-7 days (use Blonder wet cure calculator or recipe from “Serious Eats”. https://amazingribs.

Medium rare brisket in and of itself seems to be a contradiction. We’re so used to the low and slow, take it up to over 200* succulent but well done brisket that we all strive to

QVQ chuckie. I tried chuckies several times and was always disappointed. Too dry. I wrapped earlier and it was good, but basically a pot roast. After hearing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here