Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted out the KBQ on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted out the KBQ on Sunday

Did a pork chop and baked potato.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1217.jpg Views:	1 Size:	562.4 KB ID:	669473

Giving the chop a sear on the firebox at the end.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1221.jpg Views:	1 Size:	664.7 KB ID:	669470

Had two of the three potatoes with the chop, saved one for breakfast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1222.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	669472

Fried it up with some onions...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1226.jpg Views:	1 Size:	685.8 KB ID:	669471

Patty of homegrown sausage on the bottom, then a slice of Colby/Jack, the potato, and two eggs.

Pork chops are so freaking fantastic. So glad we raised pigs growing up.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been hand butchering slicing between the ribs, which makes for a thick chop. On the stovetop I sear first, then put in the oven. With the KBQ I smoked to temp first, then seared. The thickness keeps them moist and juicy.

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I too grew up until I was about 12 raising hogs, they were the best pork you could eat so good I still remember how great the chops were. I've been working on finding a local heritage grower.

Both look great.

Comment

Yum!

Comment

Wow everything look good !!

Comment

ComfortablyNumb It is KBQ season. Finally winter is over. We got a break from the non stop rain, sleet, and snow this spring. I really enjoy my other pits. But... there is just something magic about cooking with the KBQ
          Click image for larger version  Name:	3C96F90B-A794-4073-9605-2FE10B683F84.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1,001.9 KB ID:	671131
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DBAD1053-D608-46BF-9068-F47B08C5045E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	671132
          Click image for larger version  Name:	4CD25E38-5C96-4FB4-AD3F-800021394345.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	671133

Comment

• pitchfork_man
            pitchfork_man commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks amazing! Perfect crust and smoke ring!

• hogdog6
            hogdog6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Using some of BBQ_Bill techniques from other KBQ threads made this the best brisket cook for me to date 😋

KBQ and the Smithey! What a great combo. I need to get my KBQ going here soon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here