Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ door pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me three.... on taking 1 set.
    Let us know.
    Thank you

Comment

I'd be interested in a set if another run is going to be produced.

Thanks.

Drew

Comment

I would be interested in a set also if.you have any available still.

Comment

Bellefonte Smoker friscojoshRicardo drewbiecabbot1silver taco

Hey guys. Sorry for kind of abandoning this thread. Life and all. I am sorry to say but I am no longer working where I had access to the lathe, so I can’t provide these door pins. However, when I made the first couple, Bill got ahold of a CNC operator that would make them.

BBQ_Bill
          If you would be so kind as to get ahold of these guys and take care of them, that would be much appreciated. Not sure if they still need or want them at this point. Thanks!

Comment

Rfuilrez, BBQ_Bill, KBQ : No need to apologize. Us early adopters also owe you an apology for not giving feedback. Last month I finally cut the metal rod (original equipment), removed it, and put in the pins. While it makes removing the door much easier (for cleaning purposes), and also allows access to the recess under the lower door edge, they have a tendency to pop out of position. As I looked at my cut-in-half pin, I was wondering about cutting out a cm, threading each end, and using a turnbuckle in the middle. That would allow removing and inserting the rod. I don't know how to make it, but would be interested in that solution if you mechanical geniuses thought it had merit.
            Very crude sketch below.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dr. Pepper; July 14, 2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: Wanted to add Bill Karue to original post.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              The door pins didn't work for me either. Fortunately I already had BBQ_Bill door alteration on hand so wound up using it. HIs is a stainless tube that slides onto on half of your original rod. Put the rods back in place and slide the tube over the cut. Works great and is better than a turnbuckle. I can take a pic if you want.

• BBQ_Bill
              BBQ_Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Dr. Pepper
              PM me with your address and I will send you a stainless steel tube at no charge.

@ComfortablyNumb I would greatly appreciate the info, photos, OD, ID. I assume stainless steel?
            Your solution sounds simple and elegant. Looking at my cut metal rod, it seemed that the best solution was to find a way to make the existing rod removable. KBQBBQ_Bill

Comment

Dr. Pepper Here are the pics. You can order them from BBQ_Bill with his door handles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1567.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	714147
              This is the installed position. Hinge works as original.

Name:	IMG_1568.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	714148
              Slide tube over one side to expose cut, pull out hinge. To replace, put hinges in side holes, line up cut ends, slide tube over the cut.

Name:	IMG_1569.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	714146
              This is the magic piece, a piece of stainless steel tube that inside diametre fits over the original hinges, long enough to cover cut and provide stablility to hinge.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't see a koosieeeeeeeee.

Howdy all.
              I have a friend who owns a CNC machine.
              He offered to make the door pins shown HERE
              They will be made from 300 series stainless steel.
              -
              The deal is, I buy 1000 pins at $1.00 each as he does not want to make a smaller run of them.
              So... that's $1000 bucks, for 1000 pins.
              He agreed to make them, and I can pay in $100 increments and recieve100 pins each time with 1000 pins total to be purchased over a period of time which we did not discuss.
              -
              So, that is where we are at this time.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                The reason I didn't use mine was that one pin was a hair larger that the other and wouldn't fit the hole in cook box. Fortunately I had your tube and it works perfectly. I was offered a replacement pin if I couldn't file mine down, but yours worked so I put the pins back in the envelope. The whole thing would be moot if Bill just drilled a hole on one side of the cook box and made the rod longer.

• BBQ_Bill
                BBQ_Bill commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed ComfortablyNumb
                I spoke with Bill about that way back when I started the whole door handle issue.
                You could simply pull the pin and then the door.

• hogdog6
                hogdog6 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got the tube kit made by BBQ_Bill and for me it works perfectly. Not sure the need for anything different.

Dr. Pepper
              I finished up and shipped out the Stainless Steel tube for your modified door hinge rod today.
              It is safely packed in a tear resistant envelope and should arrive Tuesday, the 30th of July if the USPS does their job right.
              -
              With this tube, a rag with hot water will wash away any meat juices and spritz on the two-piece rod, making installation and disassembly go smoothly.
              -
              Feel free to get back with me if you have any concerns.
              -
              Smoke On!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here