Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: Sharp Edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Sharp Edges

Yesterday I was cleaning the tray slot racks which hang on the inside of the cooking chamber. I had them soaking in dishwasher detergent in a large sink, had already cleaned the racks, using a 3M pad. I didn't feel the 4 or 5 cuts, but noticed the blood in the water! Like paper cuts, they were clean and quick.

Also, BTW, BBQ_Bill, have you and the other tooling-engineering gentleman finished your refinements on your removable door hinges? I can see where it would help ease the cleanup task.

Attached Files

I realized that this post could be moved to the following chain:

Cleaning a Karubecue C60
    Started by DeepRiver, May 9th, 2018, 04:54 PM

Comment

• bardsleyque
      bardsleyque commented
      Editing a comment
      good thing there weren't any sharks swimming in that water!

Ouch! Dang It!

Comment

I was slicing a fennel bulb for fish tacos tonight on a mandolin when the bulb came apart and my pinky finger ran into the blade. It didn't want to stop bleeding but I wrapped it up tight and it eventually got tired of bleeding.

Comment

Yep, there are a few sharp edges. A few years back, I filleted my skin and "hand meat" wide open, all the way back to the bones in my hand at the base of my thumb, while carrying a 15 foot stainless pipe from an old milk plant. The collar on the pipe was deceptively sharp and the pipe was heavy, NO GLOVES! (Idiot)

Needless to say, I bled like a stuck pig. I wrapped it in a towel and had to run to the ER for some thread and needle work from the DR. NOW, I am very careful when handling any thing stainless like the rack inside the KBQ. I wear gloves most of the time when I am putting the door back on or re-installing the racks in the KBQ.

Comment

Dr. Pepper Bill and I have a design that works, but after I made them and installed them I never looked into getting them made. My shop has a CNC lathe, but we’re not set up for running off a whole bunch of small parts. No auto stock feed or anything.

Im not sure what bill has at his shop for equipment like that. If there’s small interest I might be able to just manually make them old school like, but I would suspect the demand would be more than just a couple pairs.
        ​​​​​​​
        BBQ_Bill whatcha think?

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          I would purchase a set, if you proceed.
          Daniel

• BBQ_Bill
          BBQ_Bill commented
          Editing a comment
          Howdy!
          Been busier than a "long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"
          Let me ask about our new CNC's.
          I will get back with you my friend.

Watch out for the sharp edges at each end of GrillGrates also. They will cut right through nitrile gloves and get you. That is the only complain I have about GrillGrates - otherwise they work great.

Comment

We all have our opinions.
          Most all of the sharp edges on the KBQ C-60 smoker can be broken/dulled during a good cleaning session using thick dish washing gloves and coarse steel wool.
          Probably around two hours of serious focus and a "get 'er done" attitude will duburr the majority of this machine.
          -
          The two internal supports for the racks are the KBQ components that have the most sharp edges for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here