Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overall Impression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking of buying a KBQ for a couple months now. I have a Jambo offset smoker and have owned it for 5.5 years. 8sf of cooking space. Plus it has shelves. I could smoke 6 briskets with no problem. It is a wonderful piece of cookery. But, I've been thinking of selling it lately. Not because I'm tired of tending the fire and want to opt for something easier like 'set and forget'.......may it never be! I enjoy tending the fire. To me, it is what BBQ is all about. It is the closest, yet still very far away, of being and knowing what those Pit Masters who run those famous, old BBQ smokers go through.

I like the down draft technology and the idea of clean smoke. It's not hard to learn the temp an offset will run at or keeping it at temperature. Keeping good, clean smoke is what you really have to learn. Sometimes I'm spot on and other times a bit off. That down draft technology really has me thinking.

Also, the KBQ has a smaller footprint and cooking capacity. I just don't have a need for 8sf of cooking space anymore (though on my BBQ bucket list is to cook a whole hog). Two racks of ribs looks pretty small in that Jambo. And I could use the space the big Jambo takes up for other things.

Thanks for posting about your impressions on the KBQ. They are what I have seen from my research.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here