Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ firebox top outside dimensions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ firebox top outside dimensions.

I'm trying to round up a cast iron grate to set on the top of the firebox for reverse searing. I'm away from my KBQ at the moment. Would anyone have or be able to measure those dimensions for me?
    Much appreciated.
    Cheers

Some folks use the Lodge Sportsman grill Bill Karau has a custom fit one in the works. So far I've just put one of the KBQ racks on top of the firebox, usually the one the meat was smoking on.

Comment

As ComfortablyNumb mentions above, I use the cast iron grate from the Lodge Sportsman's Grill. It fits perfectly on top the Fire box. I have also used a single panel of Grill grates, but that can get tricky. Skillet are also a favorite on the firebox. A real treat to make breakfast on for those early morning start ups.

I know BBQ_Bill is also working on a grate for the firebox as well.

Comment

I tested a prototype Sear Grid with good results. I should have them in stock in 2-3 weeks for $30 apiece.
        Made in Texas of D0.250 304SS. Loose enough to slide on & off lengthwise but snug enough to not lift off vertically.
        Many thanks to The Pit crew for showing me this opportunity to improve my product!

Comment

• Smokin D
          Smokin D commented
          Editing a comment
          Want a pre-order deposit or paid in full. I'd like to be towards the front of the line. Enjoying the heck out of the KBQ I just got from another member.
          Cheers

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I want in on this too!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here