Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ - The "Maiden Voyage"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ_Bill
    commented on 's reply
    You sir, are pretty amazing. I like.

• Rfuilrez
    replied
    BBQ_Bill

I got my door pins installed today. Bout to fire the KBQ up to do thanksgiving turkey. Was sick yesterday so we postponed it. I believe we got a winning design here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C4A150D9-E605-4513-8EFC-B0BBF8DC3F7D.jpeg
Views:	587
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	596697

Name:	0860018A-B95E-4851-867A-4636D580661C.jpeg
Views:	584
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	596696

Name:	53A1744F-3441-446F-AC79-929D47B1F3BB.jpeg
Views:	580
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	596698

I also made myself a kindling cracker. I like the idea but I wasn’t about to pay $80 or whatever for the small one. I had the wedge. Drilled and tapped a 1/2-13 hole in the bottom. Scrap plate of steel from work. It works for me!

Name:	E526EBBC-E0BF-4745-ABF0-36D46552AA85.jpeg
Views:	562
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	596699

Leave a comment:

• BBQ_Bill
    commented on 's reply
    So kind of you @Ricardo.
    Thank you and hope this Thanksgiving time off is one where you are able to enjoy special time with family and friends.
    You are most welcome in regards to the KBQ help, and yes, I am most happy when being able to share, whatever it may be.
    It is my fun time.
    Bill

• Ricardo
    replied
    BBQ_Bill

Thank you for starting and contributing to these discussions. I’ve got to tell you, I’m happy with the KBQ, still learning of course, but your posts and tangible way of sharing your experiences have added what I would call an accelerated appreciation for the KBQ, for these forums and the overall interest in participating in these discussions. I can tell you like to share your knowledge and I want you to know that we appreciate it big time.
    Thank you,
    Sincerely,
    Ricardo

Leave a comment:

• BBQ_Bill
    replied
    You Rock Rfuilrez!

Leave a comment:

• Rfuilrez
    replied
    Got my door pins version 2.0 done today. Haven’t had a chance to install them but I have high hopes they’ll work real nice.

Name:	645DA8BA-6633-4693-BD12-A4FDD2F2D9C6.jpeg
Views:	571
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	595869

Leave a comment:

• BBQ_Bill
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to it.
    As mentioned earlier, GREAT idea!

• Ricardo
    commented on 's reply
    Well... technically speaking, that would be a "rafter" 🤓
    Let us know how they turn out. I may give it a try too, but would have to be a small 🦃.

• BBQ_Bill
    replied
    I spoke with KBQ
    He recommended 325°F to 350°F.
    -
    Don't try to put "Monster" birds in there he says if you are doing two at one time in each machine.
    -
    Basically reinforced the fact that it will cook quicker due to the machine being a Convection Oven.
    -
    Keep them towards the door...
    and higher in the machine as it is cooler at the top and hotter at the bottom.
    -
    Oil the surface.
    -
    Pull at about 160°F as carryover will take it to 165°F.
    -
    The legs and breast cook faster than the thigh?
    Hmmm... hopefully he will chime in and get all this corrected...
    -
    EIGHT smoked turkeys at one time would be a HOOT!
    Last edited by BBQ_Bill; November 20, 2018, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Guess your first decision will be whether you can fit it in spatchcocked, as that will be the fastest cook.

Let me back up - first you need to find out the expectations of your audience regarding format.

BTW, I have not done one in the KBQ yet.

• Rfuilrez
    commented on 's reply
    Your model looks a whole lot better than my sketch on a piece of scrap paper! I think it will work real nice once we get some made to try out.

• BBQ_Bill
    replied
    Needing some advice from those who have smoked a whole turkey in their KBQ.
    Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner!

Leave a comment:

• Histrix
    commented on 's reply
    Academy is a legit store. They're a chain store with lots of physical locations. None in my area tho but I have ordered a few things from their website and have never had a problem.

• BBQ_Bill
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, when I saw their prices, I looked them up in scam reports and BBB.
    They have some good and some bad reports.
    I went ahead and bought the burner.
    Did not see the whole "enchilada" you found.
    Great price indeed!

• Rfuilrez
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a pretty good deal! Thanks for posting.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here