Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So rhequiem...
    You are the very latest to announce your KBQ here in the ComfortablyNumb Roll Call.
    This fine smoking machine of yours lines up at NUMBER 72 in our growing list of happy owners.
    -
    This declaration signals us that we have a new KBQ Family/Club member!
    We are ready to help you in whatever way we can with your smokes/cooks, and will give you our best advise and encouragement as needed.
    Welcome!

S
    moke On!

Comment

• rhequiem
      rhequiem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir! Proud to be here

Have my second KBQ arriving today!

Owned my first for probably 3 years. Sold it prior to moving to Southern Indiana just over a year ago.

Looking forward to starting the assault again on brisket perfection.

Joel

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Pit!

• pmillen
      pmillen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment. People who buy more than one KBQ provide a great testimonial.

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      Call me Joel.
      I will try to help you succeed with your next packer brisket.
      Have learned some new stuff from Aaron Franklin's MasterClass.
      I sent you a private message with my cell number.

I have a KBQ and you all are inspiring to start using it again! While I love my KBQ, I don't often find the time to watch a smoker all day and end up using my MAK's as the pellet poopers are so convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokyMikeBBQ View Post
      Long time luker on the site so finally decided to chime in regarding my KBQ.
      Made the purchase in 2018 after reading all posts. Very nice machine (never
      had a smoker I could hose out after using!!)
      Made a few mods: bought a cart (former Costco sample table), added wheels which make it
      very easy to store when not in use, discovered my temp probes (Firebird 4 lead) can be
      snaked thru the holes at each front corner. Also purchased the Alligator and log
      splitter from Amazon. Here in Puget Sound only have access to alder, maple and apple.
      Initial smoke was a pot roast--delicious! Next smoked a pork loin and a boston butt--both came out perfect. Been nailing ribs while building up to a brisket.

Thanks for all the excellent info from all the forum users!!

Love this smoker!! Click image for larger version  Name:	kbq on cart.jpg Views:	207 Size:	4.20 MB ID:	747555Click image for larger version  Name:	pot roast on kbq.jpg Views:	171 Size:	4.38 MB ID:	747556
      I like your mod to the height!
      Last edited by dirtman; December 17, 2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I've had one since 2015 and it's been a great tool to work with. Bill is awesome! I love the work he put into this design, the story, and the craftsmanship.

Attached Files
        Last edited by danforth; December 17, 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Really. What are they?

• danforth
          danforth commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr. Pepper HawkerXP So sorry for the delayed response. I'm rarely on here, obviously. It would be great to spend more time with you all though!

And what a terrible injustice that I posted those without captions! The top photo is a whole dry-aged skin-on pork loin with spatchcocked chicken below it (catching all the good juices). The bottom photo is herb stuffed and tied more like netted) boneless lamb shoulders.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Its never to late to review good lookin meat!

Wow!
        It is time to play "Catch-Up!"
        Let's see if I can get this right...
        -
        goskers' machine is Number 73

dirtman's machine is Number 74

danforth's machine is Number 75

and...
        KBQ is doing well!

You three already probably know that your machine is not only special, it also has the ability to produce meats that are in "Another Dimension" ​​​​​​​(At least in my world of cooking)
        >> Feel Free to ask any and all questions about your machine and smokes. We will try to help for sure. <<

We here at ComfortablyNumb's KBQ Roll Call welcome you all to the KBQ Family of smoking Dudes and Dudettes!

Smoke On! (You all!)​​

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          We need Ernest to register his KBQ number two!

Oh yeah, second KBQ assembled. This will be the only time that you'll see it this shiny. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191217_131049.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	780240

Comment

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow had to put on the the shades to look at that shiny bad boy. 🔥

Ernest
        I agree with hogdog6
        It is... "Be-U-Tiff-Full!
        So... this shiny new second machine of yours is #76 in this here KBQ Roll Call!
        NOW, you can double up on those marvelous pix!
        Congrats!
        Smoke On!
        and...
        Smoke On!!

Comment

New to this club, have owned my KBQ since summer of 2017. The amount of compliments I get is amaizing. Our Christmas Prime Rib was unbeliveable, followed Meatheads recipe exactly as published. Great Goodness

Tom

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the Pit!

Our Christmas Prime Rib

Name:	Prime Rib (2).jpg
Views:	492
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	784119

Comment

Howdy Tom!
            A BIG Welcome to our "KBQ Family" here at Amazing Ribs.
            We are happy you have joined us and your special machine lines up at Number 77 in the ComfortablyNumb KBQ Roll Call.
            -
            With around 2-1/2 years of KBQ experience, I am sure that you have learned much about this incredible smoker!
            Our large following has posted much info about the machine, the cooks, and results as well.
            NOTHING like it on the web!
            Absolutely GREAT reading for KBQ owners without a doubt!
            -
            Please do feel free to continue to show off your cooks like this amazing looking Prime Rib you smoked!
            We seriously LUV it when someone shares photos, recipes, techniques, and tips from a cook/smoke.
            -
            Also... be sure to check out the various KBQ subjects posted here in The Pit.
            Our "Bragging" post alone is just over 100 pages long!
            Other KBQ topics are available as well that cover maintenance, modifications, etc.
            -
            HERE are Some Sweet > KBQ LINKS (to Check Out)
            1) Comprehensive List of KBQ's (And the machine owners)
            2) Bragging Rights Pages (KBQ Has Landed)
            3) Maiden Voyage (1st Cook/Smokes)
            4) Tradition (Coolie Photo Shoot)

Again, Welcome and...
            Smoke On!
            Last edited by BBQ_Bill; December 27, 2019, 11:39 PM. Reason: Added Some KBQ Links

Comment

Yep, count me in!

Comment

SmokeyNate
                Your announcing that you wish to be included in the ComfortablyNumb KBQ Roll Call "opens" the arms of the KBQ Family in a hearty Welcome!
                -
                We are here for you, and are happy to assist you in your incredible journey to Smokey Bliss!
                Please ask any and all questions to guide your experiences into success after success.
                -
                Please do take note of the available Links in the post above yours.
                They are shortcuts to a very large amount of data regarding your wonderful KBQ machine.
                -
                And now...
                Your C-60 smoker is hereby registered as
                Number 78.
                -

Again, welcome sir, and...
                Smoke On!

Comment

Count me in! Just picked up a used KBQ from a forum member. It came with everything but the koozie (on order) and it has BBQ_Bill's door handle/removable door accessory and a 2" water/drippings tray at the bottom. In the picture below you can see the undesired excavations and resulting pond the dog so graciously maintains for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3036.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	809728

1 rack of ribs, 1 rack of Blasphemy Ribs spread over two cooking grates, and four chicken leg quarters seasoned with the Chicka Licka Bam Bam seasoning that came with my PK grill. Ribs are seasoned with Memphis Dust. Later, I'll be doing a pork butt seasoned with Salt Lick rub.

One problem I'm having: It is windy and the wind is hitting the right side full-on. The wood was burning too fast, flames were coming out of the left side of the firebox, and the temperature was staying a little low. I ended up making a windbreak out of thick aluminum foil and that has helped a lot.

I pulled the Blasphemy Ribs after 3 hours (I let them go longer due to the temp problems earlier). I basted them with a mix of Franklin's original and espresso sauces plus some Stubb's original. They are great! I temped the chicken when I pulled the ribs - temp was 177* so I quickly pulled them too. This is some of the juiciest, most tender chicken I have ever made. It is fall-off-the-bone tender and literally melted in my mouth.

Name:	100_3037.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	809775
                Last edited by 58limited; February 29, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Updated my post above with some after pics.

• Dr. Pepper
                  Dr. Pepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful results, even if it was your 50th cook on the KBQ! Congratulations for job well done.

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! I almost ate myself sick on those. Gonna pull the slab of ribs, rest and clean the firebox, then put the pork butt on.

KBQ since 2-29-2020

Need to work on my wood supply/size. Made some great looking baby back ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here