Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hearty welcome to The Pitcabbot1!
    By announcing your acquisition of a KBQ Smoker here in the ComfortablyNumb KBQ Roll Call, you are hereby a part of the growing family of proud owners of what is known as the best backyard smoker in the world!
    You possess the 51st machine to be announced here.
    Congratulations on a Very wise purchase!
    -
    Remember... as a member of this family, you have access to an incredible wealth of knowledge in regards to care and cooking with this remarkable machine.
    -
    Just ask your questions and we will do our best to help you.

LINKS
    1) "KBQ ~ Has Landed" can be found HERE
    2)
    "KBQ - The Maiden Voyage" can be found HERE
    3) "
    KBQ - The POPPETS" is found HERE

Smoke On!
    Last edited by BBQ_Bill; October 23, 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Great of you to introduce these links to new owners, Bill!

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bros.
      Just adding my small part to make new members feel welcome, and offering a place to get help when they are trying to produce a memorable meal for family and friends.
      Last edited by BBQ_Bill; October 28, 2018, 11:56 PM.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot for your help Bill! You are true KBQ virtuoso!

Have we got any KBQ owners in the Denver/Fort collins/cheyenne area - or better yet Fort Morgan. There's a guy dying to see one.

Comment

Merry Christmas!
      KBQ # 52 Here.
      -
      Smoke On!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ_Bill View Post
        Merry Christmas!
        KBQ # 52 Here.
        -
        Smoke On!

If you're 52, I guess that makes me 53!

My KBQ came a little while ago, but I finally had the chance to test it out last night. A post with thoughts and questions is coming soon!

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome!

goldp18
        Be sure and check out the Links posted here at the top of this page if you haven't already done so.
        LOTS of great KBQ info in these threads.
        My congrats go to you on a wise purchase!

Comment

New member here. After stumbling on the Pit quite by accident, I found out about the KBQ C-60 and poured over just about every topic in this sub-forum. As a result, I purchased my KBQ C-60 Friday a week ago but have not had a chance to use it yet. Been busy and the weather has been lousy here in Central Mississippi. I also ordered BBQ_Bill’s door modification kit and a big thanks to him for that! Waiting for the GE switch, some hotel pans and a few other helpful items I found out about in this forum. I’ve always wanted to explore wood fired smoking but not to the extent of having to tend an offset and invest a tremendous amount of time if learning all the intricacies involved in achieving and maintaining that perfect burn. I think this fits what I’m looking for perfectly and since I’m a fire pit guy, it allows me to get my "pyro" fix while tending the fire pit. Hope to do my first cook later this week which will be a ham. I look forward to the journey! Oh, thanks for all of the VERY helpful information. There’s a treasure trove of info here!

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
            Oakgrovebacon commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Larpaul
          A BIG and Hearty Welcome to The Pit!
          You sir, are the smart buyer and owner of KBQ entry # 54 here in this Roll Call.
          -
          Two more things:
          There are some super Links posted above regarding the use and care of your KBQ.
          Plus...
          There are some REALLY great people here to answer your KBQ questions as well.
          -
          (Finally, I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for your purchase of my Door Kit)

Comment

The Cult of The KBQ finally got me. I ordered my magic box last night and it's due to arrive on Dec. 27th. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces and learning more from this group. Now I have to go back and re-read all these posts...

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Ho! Ho! Ho!!!

• hogdog6
              hogdog6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome mrk to the cult 🔥. You and your family are going to love your new KBQ.

• goldp18
              goldp18 commented
              Editing a comment
              "The magic food box" is what we have been calling ours. Good choice of words

Howdy mrk
            This fine group of people listed here in the ComfortablyNumb Roll Call and I would like to welcome you to our "Family of Smoking Guys and Gals"!
            Your announcement here that you have purchased a KBQ C-60 smoking machine gives you access to a very large amount of helps, tips, ideas and of course our friendship.
            -
            Welcome to the KBQ Club!
            HERE at the top of this page is a list of LINKS that have quite a bit of KBQ machine information.
            -
            Your machine is hereby the 55th KBQ to be registered here in this Roll Call.
            Smoke On!
            Last edited by BBQ_Bill; December 21, 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Just catching up with these posts. I purchased a KBQ over a year a go and having fun cooking again. Prime rib on Christmas was the best ever.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, don't be a stranger!

Welcome to The Pit lkcyford
              Also, welcome to the KBQ Family and our club of fine men and women that KNOW how to smoke great Q!
              -
              Your announcement of ownership here in this ComfortablyNumb KBQ Roll Call is the 56th machine to be listed.
              There are some really informative posts about that machine you purchased, and lots of fine people here to help you and give you advice about your smart purchase.
              EdF said it well... Don't be a stranger!
              You have lots of friends here!
              -
              Do be sure to check out the LINKS at the top of this page!
              Smoke On!

Comment

Oh... and HERE is a link to the list of the KBQ Family members.

Comment

I guess I’d better legitimize my KBQ. So I’m claiming the 57th unit. Better late than never.
                  Cheers,
                  Ricardo

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
                    BBQ_Bill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Howdy again my friend!
                    I have added your name to the list on page 6 of this thread.

#58 - have had mine and using it regularly for well over a year. Long time smoker here - 45+ years, transplanted Louisiana boy living in Texas for the past 26 years. Also own and use 2 PK’s (classic and 360), Webber, Large BGE, and a Jambo J-3. The KBQ is 10’ from my patio door so is convenient for many of my cooks and, as y’all know, makes excellent smoked food and is low maintenance. Today I’m smoking a Snake River Farms brisket on the KBQ - approx 7 hrs in. Usually done on my J-3 but wanted to relax today and still have great results. Its good to see the KBQ community continue to grow thru the understanding the value of clean smoke. And dependable advice from some folks on this board.
                  May 2019 be wispy blue and clear for y’all.

Comment

l"m all in only way to go

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
                      BBQ_Bill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome to The Pit and welcome to the KBQ Family!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here