Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hogdog6
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome EricMcGee to the amazingly delicious food of the infamous KBQ

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Just noticed this was your first comment, don't forget to give an introduction so all can meet you: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the KBQ family. Our official statistician BBQ_Bill will be along to assign you a number when he has a chance, he's been quite busy of late. Meanwhile, enjoy the KBQ threads and show off your coozie at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-kbq-tradition

• EricMcGee
    replied
    KBQ since 2-29-2020

Need to work on my wood supply/size. Made some great looking baby back ribs.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I almost ate myself sick on those. Gonna pull the slab of ribs, rest and clean the firebox, then put the pork butt on.

• new2smoking
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful results, even if it was your 50th cook on the KBQ! Congratulations for job well done.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Updated my post above with some after pics.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I have other wood - oak and pear - but it is very green, cut 3 weeks ago. I will buy some seasoned oak soon but this is the 'cold' season here (yeah, I know, SE Texans don't know what cold is) so wood prices are up. Staying outside on a nice day like this, smoking meat, cigars, and drinking beer is just a cross that I will have to bear
    Last edited by 58limited; February 29, 2020, 02:35 PM.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Hi new2smoking The food is not ready yet but it looks great. Despite reading most of the KBQ posts to prepare myself I've been dealing with a learning curve on how to keep the coal bed but I think I've got it now. The wind was an additional complication to the learning curve as is the fact that all I have to use right now is store bought B&B kiln dried wood. The windbreak has helped so I only have to feed every 20-30 minutes. It is now staying at about 250* - right where I want it.

• new2smoking
    commented on 's reply
    58limited Nice to see your first KBQ cook. How was the food?
    Yesterday afternoon I smoked 4 racks of St. Louis style ribs, and it was windy in Seattle, especially where my cooking implements live. Lots of flame, like a hair dryer feeding O2 to the fire. I had to feed wood every 15 minutes, but was able to keep the temp between 275 and 300.
    Daniel

• 58limited
    replied
    Count me in! Just picked up a used KBQ from a forum member. It came with everything but the koozie (on order) and it has BBQ_Bill's door handle/removable door accessory and a 2" water/drippings tray at the bottom. In the picture below you can see the undesired excavations and resulting pond the dog so graciously maintains for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3036.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	809728

1 rack of ribs, 1 rack of Blasphemy Ribs spread over two cooking grates, and four chicken leg quarters seasoned with the Chicka Licka Bam Bam seasoning that came with my PK grill. Ribs are seasoned with Memphis Dust. Later, I'll be doing a pork butt seasoned with Salt Lick rub.

One problem I'm having: It is windy and the wind is hitting the right side full-on. The wood was burning too fast, flames were coming out of the left side of the firebox, and the temperature was staying a little low. I ended up making a windbreak out of thick aluminum foil and that has helped a lot.

I pulled the Blasphemy Ribs after 3 hours (I let them go longer due to the temp problems earlier). I basted them with a mix of Franklin's original and espresso sauces plus some Stubb's original. They are great! I temped the chicken when I pulled the ribs - temp was 177* so I quickly pulled them too. This is some of the juiciest, most tender chicken I have ever made. It is fall-off-the-bone tender and literally melted in my mouth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3037.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	809775
    Last edited by 58limited; February 29, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeyNate
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! BBQ_Bill

• BBQ_Bill
    replied
    SmokeyNate
    Your announcing that you wish to be included in the ComfortablyNumb KBQ Roll Call "opens" the arms of the KBQ Family in a hearty Welcome!
    -
    We are here for you, and are happy to assist you in your incredible journey to Smokey Bliss!
    Please ask any and all questions to guide your experiences into success after success.
    -
    Please do take note of the available Links in the post above yours.
    They are shortcuts to a very large amount of data regarding your wonderful KBQ machine.
    -
    And now...
    Your C-60 smoker is hereby registered as
    Number 78.
    -

Again, welcome sir, and...
    Smoke On!

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the Pit!

• SmokeyNate
    replied
    Yep, count me in!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis