Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome!

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the Pit!

• bbqFRVA1992
    replied
    I got one and it traveled all the way down to Ecuador. Since a I found this forum, all I do is read through all KBQ related posts haha I’m trying to shorten the learning curve as much as I can. So far it’s been a blast using it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pee Wee Rouk
    replied
    Looking Great and very tasty, thank for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    Pee Wee Rouk Just thought I would be sure you have seen this use of your KBQ for searing.

• hogdog6
    commented on 's reply
    She's a beaut! Many more deliciousness to come.

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Chiller Phil That's what I do.

• Chiller Phil
    commented on 's reply
    Why start them in the oven?
    Start them in the cookbox with the upper valve open and finish them on the Sear Grid.
    When cooking for many, reduce your controlbox's set point so that it is a Holding Oven while you Sear them.
    Best steaks I have ever made are on the KBQ.

• Dr. Pepper
    commented on 's reply
    Sid P I can't say it's my favorite way, just one way, especially if I want to finish a low temp cooked steak over a wood fired sear, and only one steak. If a few, I start a wood fire in my Argentinian grill. And, I've done front searing as well. I like the frequent (20 sec) flip technique, but have had a tendency to develop too large a gray band. That may just be my fault. In our vac home I have a 22" Weber with SnS which works great! So, lot's of ways, and always trying, regretting, etc.

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Pepper Spinaker So is this your preferred way to cook a steak? I also have a SlowNSear, which works really well….

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    This looks like my next KBQ meal. No, the door mod wasn’t included, but I do have a shiny new sear grate.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    This application is tough to beat.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Yep! This makes it super easy.

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    Oh, and one other use of the KBQ, jhoskins Sid P
    Daniel

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0997.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1101965

THE NY STRIP HAS BEEN ROASTED IN A 220 OVEN UNTIL IT 120
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0998.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1101963 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001.jpeg
Views:	617
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1101964 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1002.jpeg
Views:	626
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1101966 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.jpeg
Views:	613
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	1101968 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1006.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	1101967

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Pepper
    replied
    jhoskins Sid P BBQ_Bill used to sell these at cost. You would pull the pivot rod at the bottom of your KBQ door, cut it somewhere towards the middle with a metal saw, then slip this SS ferule on. The dimensions are 5/16" OD, and I think that reads 0.028" thick.

[Don't you love imperial units!! Worst thing Reagan ever did was to kill the move to metric. USA, USA! Would be a shame if our kids and grandkids had to move decimal points to do math, instead of 12 inches in a foot (and of course, divide the inch into sixteenths?) 3 feet in a yard, and 5280 feet in a mile. Sure easier than 10mm in a cm, 100 cm in a meter, 1000 meters in a km, etc. Oh, and what about ounces, lbs, quarts. And, 32 is freezing, 212 is boiling, vs 0 and 100 degrees Celsius! ]

Well, I've gone and distracted myself. Anyways, this mod makes cleaning much easier, since you can slide the ferrule to the side, remove the rod pieces, take off the door, and reach the inside with ease, as well as cleaning under the bottom of the door, where grease tends to run and hide.

Tell me that KBQ Bill Karue has included this mod in his new units??? One can hope!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr. Pepper; September 28, 2021, 01:44 PM. Reason: OOps , metric mistake! Hah

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here