Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Worked like a charm! - thanks KBQ Bill!

I stretched her legs today - early cold/warm (110ish) apple smoke on some home dry-cured bacon and then opened her up this afternoon with oak around 275 for some spatchcock chicken.

Awesome machine.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KBQ
    commented on 's reply
    It's a snug fit to avoid rattling, and sometimes a tiny bit of laser slag interferes. Put a drop of vegetable oil on the thermometer and see if you can work it in with some twisting - it's a pretty tough thermometer

• Joey
    replied
    Great - thanks guys. I’ll upload a pic and show you what I mean.

godspeed - working for the weekend

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Mine came with a Thermapen. It fit into the hole. One former member complained his did not. But rest assured, KBQ Bill Karau is serious about customer service. But bear in mind, only the tip of the thermometer fits into the hole.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think mine came with one. I wound up getting a Thermapen Air. Fits right into the hole on top, and is close enough for my temp-monitoring needs.

• Joey
    replied
    Random question. The Included thermometer doesn’t fit into the designated hole - anyone else experience this? Probably not a big deal as I’m likely going to use a TW Smoke device or similar - but curious nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Lucky you. My county has issued a burn ban for the rest of the summer, even charcoal grills are prohibited.

• Coconut Monkey
    replied
    Almost paradise...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Arrived this week! Check out that new new

Can’t wait to christen her this weekend!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lcolson
    replied
    I was so excited when it got delivered i started a brisket at 7:30pm 😂, taste was delicious and point was plenty juicy but i fell asleep and wraped too late so lost alot of moisture and it showed. Gonna do 3 packer briskets tomorrow for the weekend and i am sure they will be great.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hogdog6
    commented on 's reply
    That cart is a great idea. The thing I don't like about mine and looking to modify is the size of the casters. They are too small and don't roll well.

• ddevine
    commented on 's reply
    If you decide trying the cart. I moved the KBQ toward toward the rear of the wagon so I have space in the front to fold down the the door somewhat and let it rest on the removable front panel on the wagon. If I want to get out the water pan near the bottom rack of the smoker I just unclip the front panel, lower the handle and I can lay the KBQ door completely flat. Just a couple of bolts and wing nuts through the wheel support legs. Next mod is to replace the handle bolt with a removable pin.

• hogdog6
    commented on 's reply
    We love pics!

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Tell us more! And welcome!

• Lcolson
    replied
    My maden voyage with my first KBQ C-60 was 7/4/2020. Incredible

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}