Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the family. I don't know if BBQ_Bill still sells the kits or not, I doubt it as he is busy in making a business of barbecue. Kits were simple and could be assembled oneself. The door removal is a short piece of SS tubing, the handles are longer SS bolts with some springs for handles. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow and if he doesn't respond you can try to assemble yourself.

• Pete914
    replied
    Got mine last week, but didn’t get around to putting it together until today. Have some beef ribs dry brining in the fridge and ready to go tomorrow morning. Basic boring assembly pic below- don’t worry about all the stuff nearby, that isn’t where I’ll be using it!

For the record, I read every single post in the “KBQ Has Landed” so hopefully I’ll avoid rookie mistakes. I started on my meat smoking adventure in 2018 with a cheap Masterbuilt vertical gasser (still have it- use it after wrapping as an outdoor oven), moved to mainly using PBC in 2019, and decided to go stick burner here in 2020.

On a side note, does BBQ Bill still sell door kits?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mountwashingtonmike
    replied
    Hi everyone. I'm fortunate to have accidentally stumbled into your neighborhood. I'm happy to find this resource. For the last 8 years, I have been using a Broil King Keg 5000 kamado style cooker and it has served me well. After much research on stick burners, I purchased a KBQ-60, and embarked on a whole new journey , learning and creating better BBQ. Everyone's happy with what's coming off the pit these days. My wife says that I am creating the best BBQ ever! I'm learning lots and I have to give a shout out to Bill Karau for his great invention!

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    It looks like a said little pet begging to go outside and play.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Pictures!

• alabamamike
    commented on 's reply
    I ordered mine on a Thursday and it arrived two days later on Saturday! Amazon estimated 2 weeks for delivery. I wasn't ready for it! Still hadn't gotten my wood supply together

• alabamamike
    replied
    Ordered one up last week and getting ready to take it for the maiden voyage. 2 racks of SLC ribs on deck! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronaldf123 View Post
    Unbelievable, I ordered mine on Sunday, supposed to arrive on Thursday. Talk about quick! Now I’m in a rush to get everything ready.
    Welcome to the KBQ family! You are gonna love it.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats!

• Ronaldf123
    replied
    Unbelievable, I ordered mine on Sunday, supposed to arrive on Thursday. Talk about quick! Now I’m in a rush to get everything ready.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    It looks really good there, leave it as an accent piece and buy another for outdoor use

• stutz57
    commented on 's reply
    Since it's 102 outside, I thought I put it together inside. I love Texas but not so much in August.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I think they said something about "outdoor use only"

• stutz57
    replied
    Happy Day!!! Just got the KBQ! I've been wanting one for a long long time!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good. Another place to keep your fire tender is in the first hole on the side of the firebox with the handle over the control box.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}