Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Tradition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ Tradition

Washington State University is home to the Cougars and they have a tradition of 'waving the flag'. This video will give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoUASvBx1gk

I propose that all KBQers do something similar with the 'coolie' that Bill supplies us with our KBQ. Pictures can range from your backyard BBQ to the Macy's parade to your holiday in Maui to your climb to the top of Everest. Not only do I think it will be fun for us, but when people ask what the hell are we doing taking a picture of a bottle we can introduce them to the KBQ and make some sales for Bill along with recruiting more members for the tradition.

I just came back from a weekend holiday in Penticton, BC. Here's a few to start:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039 - Copy.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	334528

Here's looking across Okanagan Lake at the 'PENTICTON' letters on the hill.

Name:	IMG_0046 - Copy.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	334529

Looking north across the lake.

Name:	IMG_0047 - Copy.JPG
Views:	688
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	334530

And this is from the scenic lookout on Highway 3 overlooking Osoyoos on my way home.

Beautiful

Comment

One of these days I'll join the KBQ crew…

Comment

I just had to order one! But My pics will follow. Great thread man!

Comment

Well I got a whole pile of KBQ Koozies from Bill at KBQ . Here are the first pics of the weekend at my father's place in Orono, MN. I have about 30 people to cook for through out the weekend. Brisket, pulled pork, pork bellies, ribs and chicken are all on the menu!

ComfortablyNumb Great call on this thread, brother!

The Old Man enjoying a cold one!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6544.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	340519
          My brother Jayson, in from NYC, enjoying a libation and the KBQ smoke! (Rocking his Steak of The Month of Club Tank) Him and his college buddies go out to a different fancy steak house, once a month. They have been going strong for 54 Months straight! Pretty awesome tradition.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Jayson:KBQ:Koozie.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.68 MB ID:	340520
          My youngest brother, Jeff Bowldozer in from San Fransisco, REALLY happy to be back in Minnesota!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Jeff:KBQ:Koozie.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	340521
          Cheers Everyone! Have fun and safe 4th of July!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	KBQ:Koozie.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	340522

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Craigar I live, about 100 miles to the north of Spokane and go frequently, it's the closest major shopping to where . I actually have some property just north of Coeur d'Alene. Did I mention it's for sale? Tell you what, next time I'm in CDA I'll bring my coolie and snap a pic just for you.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb 100 miles north? Your backyard must butt up to the Canadian line? If not, your at least within shouting distance. Man, that's some gorgeous country. Thanks for keeping me in mind the next to you're in CDA!

• Bumby
            Bumby commented
            Editing a comment
            What steaks in NYC are your brother's favorites? I'm always looking for a new one...

Enjoy your family while you can, I really miss mine. Looks like good times and good Q.
          Have an awesome Fourth.

Comment

Here is one last KBQ Koozie pic from the weekend. Here is my Grandpa. One of the finest men I have ever known. He still has an iron grip that he acquired while working for John Deere for 38 years in Waterloo, IA. A great man and a damn fine American!

Name:	KBQ Coozie:GPA.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	343762

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
              BBQ_Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Spinaker, I just noticed the American Flag on his left hand.
              VERY Cool!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              RIP Grandpa Bowlsby. You are missed every day. (1928-2018)

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for your loss Spinaker

That is really great Spinaker ! There is nothing like spending time with family enjoying a few cold ones and some great Q. Looks like it was a really memorable weekend, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              It was! Thanks for the kind words.

Name:	2017-07-21.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	350657

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Great shot!

• hogdog6
              hogdog6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that's what we're talking about.

Name:	IMG_0417.JPG
Views:	660
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	350927
            Best way i know to start the day!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh your damn right, brother!! I wish I could be popping a few out there with you this morning. Tight Lines!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0066.JPG Views:	2 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	351143

Garlic harvest is on, time for a cool one!

Comment

Name:	Ask Me!.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	351576

Ask me about my KBQ's!
              -
              Smoke On!

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
                BBQ_Bill commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks guys!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Great shots!!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Dueling KBQs!!! Still a classic!

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
              Washington State University is home to the Cougars and they have a tradition of 'waving the flag'. This video will give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoUASvBx1gk

I propose that all KBQers do something similar with the 'coolie' that Bill supplies us with our KBQ. Pictures can range from your backyard BBQ to the Macy's parade to your holiday in Maui to your climb to the top of Everest. Not only do I think it will be fun for us, but when people ask what the hell are we doing taking a picture of a bottle we can introduce them to the KBQ and make some sales for Bill along with recruiting more members for the tradition.

I just came back from a weekend holiday in Penticton, BC. Here's a few to start:

Name:	IMG_0039 - Copy.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	334528

Here's looking across Okanagan Lake at the 'PENTICTON' letters on the hill.

Name:	IMG_0046 - Copy.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	334529

Looking north across the lake.

Name:	IMG_0047 - Copy.JPG
Views:	688
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	334530

And this is from the scenic lookout on Highway 3 overlooking Osoyoos on my way home.

Coincidences ......
              My Dad was the head trainer at WSU and went on to be the head Trainer for the Houston Rockets.

I've spent many a day in the Okanagan Valley along with Somerville and Kelowna.

My Aunt has a waterfront place on the Okanogan,beautiful country but I couldnt handle the winters.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice but if you've got a beer in the picture it really needs to be opened. :0

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                Good eye HawkerXP I possess a CDL and have a firm 'don't drink and drive' policy. I took care of that when I got home.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahh the CDL. Just giving a little ribbing if you know what I mean.

Nice, but I think I gave it to someone at work to encourage his MCS.

Comment

Originally posted by EdF View Post
                Nice, but I think I gave it to someone at work to encourage his MCS.
                Maybe you can still play, Ed. It seems Spinaker was able to score some replacements from Bill. I need to see if I can get a replacement myself. I used a 650ml bottle in mine for the pic which stretched it out. Now it just falls off a standard 355ml bottle.

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shoot Bill an email.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here