Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make KBQ more mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have the space, this is another option to make the KBQ C-60 more mobile. The platform is 24"W x 48"L so would accommodate the full travel of the door (the space required for the door to fully extend open is 44"). Also, the large 8" casters are underneath the platform so would be protected from any falling coals. You'd need to drill some holes to attach the KBQ legs.

Whether you need to haul heavy appliances or supplies, we have the platform truck that’s perfect for the job. Don’t risk an injury by trying to carry heavy items manually. With a platform truck cart, you can save yourself and your employees from pain
    Attached Files

Comment

• jjdbike
      jjdbike commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that seems just about perfect. The only thing that is concerning is the price.
      If it was less money it would be a no brainer.
      Thanks!

Originally posted by ddevine View Post
    I use a garden wagon. Attach KBQ legs to bottom of wagon for stability.
    Thanks brother,
    This is the route I’ll go. I’ll look at harbor freight.
    My question is, how do you attach the legs to the cart?
    Thanks in advance!
    JD

Comment

I ordered this figuring the 1.5" lip will keep the KBQ from sliding off either side + help prevent the front door hinge from binding on downward travel. I like this fixed style handle better than the wagon style handle which might get in the way or become a trip hazard after a beer or three!

Attached Files

Comment

Loaded up
        Attached Files

Comment

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a good solution!

One caution - the door is designed to rest on the ground on that little handle/lip at its top edge so that the door is supported and not just hanging. Since the door appears longer than your cart it may be that the door is "hyperextending" when fully opened which might bind up the hinge. It may be that the door is fine just supported by the edge/lip of your cart - just thought I'd mention it tho.

Thank you. I had considered downward door travel so specifically bought one with a raised 2” lip to (hopefully) catch the door on its way down. I tested it this weekend and seems to be feasible. The alternative was a 48” cart which takes up a bit more room when the KBQ is not deployed. This one is 24” W x 36” L. Time will tell!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here