Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still can't get Smoke through all my Ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome to the pit.

"If anyone getting the smoke ring on the thin part of the ribs I'd like to know your methods."

I use cherry wood only. It gives a great smoke ring.

You say this is happening with all the smokers you have had. It is something you are doing common on all your smokers.

Do you use a water pan?

The 140 degrees F you talk about is it internal temp.? If so what do the ribs look like at 203 degrees F internal temp.?

Did you remove the membrane?

Just trying to help.
      Last edited by frigate; September 17, 2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on the cherry wood. The "smoke ring" doesn't really add flavor, but I have that fruit woods (apple or cherry in particular) produce a more noticeable ring.

Smoke ring has nothing to do with smoke penetration.
      I'm not quite sure I understand the issue.
      Next time, put your ribs in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before you get them in the KBQ.
      Open all the poppets fully and just let them rid.

Next question, what do you mean by "keeping them under 140"?

Comment

Ribs at 140 internal temperature on a smoker? No way those are cooked to tender. That's probably why they are white

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here