Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernest I invested in a chain saw and a gasoline log splitter

Comment

David Parrish I got the same problem as DWCowles , buttons are gone

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        We're working on it. Probably be tomorrow before they're back.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest are the buttons back?

They took the buttons off for the Stick Burner people

just kidding! Mine are gone too

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be fixed tomorrow.

smarkley LOL!! They started with the head, DWCowles

Comment

Ernest is that meat done yet?

Comment

DWCowles didn't make it past the cutting board

Comment

KBQ Chikin, yes it's hanging

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150830_152949.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	359627
            Last edited by Ernest; August 9, 2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Here we go

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Very kewl.

Kathryn

David Parrish no, the buttons not back

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                We made even more tweaks. Better now?

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, much better. Thank you

Congrats on the new Smoker!!! These are the coolest cookers on the market right now. Hands down. I need to get one of these badly. I can' think of anyone (other than myself ) that should have this thing more than you. I know we will be getting some amazing pics outta you from this thing. I am looking forward to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                Congrats on the new Smoker!!! These are the coolest cookers on the market right now. Hands down. I need to get one of these badly. I can' think of anyone (other than myself ) that should have this thing more than you. I know we will be getting some amazing pics outta you from this thing. I am looking forward to it!!
                Thank you Spinaker ! 2 days with it and it's worth every penny. I just need a local wood supplier. LOL

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hahhaha, buy now, details later type a deal, eh? Ernest

Yeah, like I advised last month's Gold Giveaway winner. HAHAHA! I said take the Karubecue and worry about the wood later. You can say that I talk the talk and walk the walk. Spinaker.

Comment

How does your capacity compare to the WSM and PBC? How tough was it to regulate temp? Did you go close to 225 for the ribs and something higher for the chicken?

Comment

jlazar there are 12 slots for shelves. Comes with 4 shelves, I can get extra shelves l. 2 full racks of STL ribs per shelf with plenty of room. I can do 12 racks easily. 4 15 lbs briskets comfortably.
                    My WSM 22.5 only fits 6 racks uncomfortably, PBC takes 8 hanging. I say KBQ is a winner here.
                    Temp regulation, I turn the knob to 230 and it will fluctuate between 215 - 230. It's not designed to be dead on. He wanted to have the fan run periodically to pull the smoke in.
                    Temp regulation is pretty much set and forget. Just feed it with wood every 40 minutes.
                    My ribs were cooked no higher than 225 and no lower than 215.
                    For chicken I maxed it out. It goes from ambient to 325 in 15 minutes. My experiment but he advises to gradually get it up in temp.
                    All in all, very easy to cook on. Get your hot bed of lump charcoal, add mini logs, set temp, feed it logs. Mini logs with perfectly because they collapse and crumble into a nice hot bed.
                    Learned something today. Fill the firebox halfway and I won't waste fuel.

Comment

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      DWCowles I can't describe it. It's a stronger smoke but mild at the same time.
                      Hickory on the WSM, I can tell that it's hickory. Hickory on the KBQ is very "botanical" in the most pleasing way.
                      The smoke just becomes one with the meat, if that makes any sense.

• jlazar
                      jlazar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info. This will be my next smoker. Are you planning on doing a turkey or two for Thanksgiving?

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jlazar I'm not a turkey fan but I do get forced cook one. Maybe 2 this year. Somebody requested a bird.

this is so cool

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here