Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Just a random KBQ shot. That is all.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 7-6-22 at 10.34 AM.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1248876

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    That chicken looks great. I thought a chicken on a Vortex inside a Weber was the best, but I'm gonna have to give the KBQ hanging chicken technique a try.

• Ernest
    replied
    Originally posted by jjdbike View Post

Very cool!
    Two questions please: What's the advantage of hanging? Where can we get the things you used to hang that bird?
    JD
    These are from pit barrel cooker. Some advantage to hanging, cooks much faster and I better color for some reason and I just love playing while I cook LOL
    Last edited by Ernest; April 21, 2022, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Those are from Pit Barrel cooker. When you hang the meat is self basting.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    They’re hooks from his Pit Barrel Cooker, at least I’m fairly sure. PBCsells them separately on their site.

• jjdbike
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernest View Post
    KBQ Chikin, yes it's hanging

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150830_152949.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	359627
    Very cool!
    Two questions please: What's the advantage of hanging? Where can we get the things you used to hang that bird?
    JD

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    HD is not toxic, but it can bite if you do not wear gloves. Nothing eats through that grease like the Heavy Duty stuff. But yeah, the ZEP/D-limonene works pretty well too. glitchy

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker I’m probably going to try the ZEP for less toxic, but agree with you. I used my GrillGun to warm up the cookbox a bit and sprayed it with Break-up, let it set a bit and sprayed it again, then after 15-20 mins hit it with the pressure washer, all but a couple small spots went from black to shiny like new.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I use Heavy Duty Oven cleaner. Having the casutic makes a huge difference. It cleans up like brand new, pretty amazing. Gotta have the HEAVY DUTY stuff though. Then that stainless shines up like brand new.

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    When I cook multiple meats I load them according to how they’re spiced. Brisket only gets salt and pepper here, so it’s on the top. If I’m doing a butt or ribs those usually get MMD, and I don’t want all that dripping on my brisket, so it stays on the bottom.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    TripleB I picked it up based on the KBQ site listed accessories. Thought it might make clean up easier ongoing. Though I wish I knew thy made shallower ones before I bought it.

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    Nice clean up. I have a serving pan like that. Never thought of trying it in my KBQ.

• frigate
    commented on 's reply
    Zep Original Orange Industrial Hand Cleaner.

Before I got the tip here about Zep I found a stainless cleaner that worked but not like Zeb.
    Last edited by frigate; March 26, 2022, 06:47 PM.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a particular one you use? Looks like they have several different ones.

• frigate
    replied
    glitchy Next time you clean try ZEP heavy duty hand cleaner. Wipe on and wipe off = clean stainless.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here