Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm thinking on buying a Karubecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm thinking on buying a Karubecue

Getting older, enjoy cooking BBQ and managing a fire, I like the footprint of the KBQ and the technology, got the cash......so why not? Told my wife the other day that I was thinking of this so that she'd get all her objections out.... What do you need another smoker for? How much does it cost? Where are you going to put it? Does it do anything different that your other smokers can't do? Are people on that BBQ website telling you to get it? Are you going to get rid of any of your others? I don't under stand why you need another smoker! All good objections.

So she is finally running out of steam and now asks, so when are you going to order it? I think I'll wait another month and then hum and ah a bit. When she says, go ahead it will make you happy.....THEN IT'S FULL STEAM AHEAD!!

But then do I really need another smoker.....

Are people on that BBQ website telling you to get it?
    Hahaha! Nice one!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      We would never!

Hmmm. I would say. Don't delay, order it today!

Comment

I don't understand, You're the man, the head of the house, the king of your domain. Since when do you need permission?
      Oh no, my wife is coming got to go before she reads this.

Comment

TripleB Are you sure that wasn't MY wife interrogating you last night? And, with all of her questions, it reminds me of a line from a John Prine song (Far From Me): 'A question isn't really a question, when you know the answer too.'

Comment

Just remember guys....,,,...
          SWMBO!

Comment

Spouses are weird, I did the hemming and hawing about a sub $500 flat top or a sub $1000 gasser... she says heck no. Out of no where one day she tells me to upgrade my MAK to the $4K+ stainless version... Maybe I need to re-attack with the hemming and hawing for the flat top

As to you, that KBQ looks like a fun cooker, and if I ever decided I wanted to play with splits that's def the direction I'd go

Can't wait to see you playing with one in a few weeks

Comment

One cook on it and she will be happy!

Comment

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a Jambo smoker. It's great and produces great Que. But the foot print and cooking chamber are large. Two racks of ribs look dinky in it. As I mentioned and you know, the KBQ foot print is smaller, though it would take about the same amount of wood as the Jambo (one small spilt every 35-40 minutes). It's the technology and the down draft that intrigues me.

Of course you need another smoker. And of course the people on this BBQ site are telling you to get it

Comment

Well Played, Amigo!

I buy it

You buy it

Yer Dear Wife, acts like she buys it, conditionally...

Comment

Suprise her with it, and then cook your last meal ribs. 🙄

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here