Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet 'Slick Rick'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a work of art man! It really is. Congrats on the first prototype.

When are you going to have the parts for the plasma cutter? I would love to see that baby in action. Those are really cool pieces of machinery.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! They should arrive next week. But they are for the next smoker (the first 'real' version). Basically it's custom hinges, handles, a firebox door with my logo et.c. It's gonna look good!

Slick WHO? Fine, I give you a worldwide license to use my name. In perpetuity. In exchange for... hm... beef ribs. Yes, beef ribs... mmmm

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Beef ribs? We have a deal :-)

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, congrats on this. That looks like a great smoker.

Nice. He sure is ,well, Slick.

Comment

I would consider buying one but I'm sure shipping from Sweden is pretty high.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, shipping and customs would probably cost twice as much as the smoker :-)

Wow, that is fantastic. Best wishes on your new endeavors

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Great work. Wow! Looking forward to following this journey. Best of luck!

Comment

Damn this was a piece artwork Henrik
        Planning to go comercial on this?
        What's estimated cost on this?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Yes, I plan on going commercial. Will get back to you with prices.

Awesome Henrik. What a machine! You give me inspiration to build my own one day. Best of luck on your BBQ ventures.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I hope you get to build one, it's a lot of fun :-)

Hank, very nice pit!

You have come up with an interesting layout with unique design elements reminding me of Franklin and others. I really like how you have maximized the total grill grate area and head space by dropping the cooking chamber door down a bit. The upper level grill grate has useful area and space.

Do you plan to get some recirculation of the hot gas like the LSG 20 series pits? If so, is there a baffle/eductor plate inside for that purpose?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Not sure what you mean by "...recirculation of the hot gas like the LSG 20 series pits...", could you enlighten me please?

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          The hot gas/smoke entrance into the pit form the firebox is deflected upward into the pit by a deflector plate inside the cook chamber. The plate causes the upward flow of the hot gas into the chamber and the plate's arrangement also educts gas/smoke from the bottom of the cooker causing a recirculation or pumping of the hot gas in the pit. LSG calls it "cross flow'. The location of the stack's opening in the pit below centerline facilitates this recirculation. https://youtu.be/dY0LMwkL6NM

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, didn't know about that feature on LSG. Thanks for the video, explains a lot. I've done a very similar thing on mine.

Man what a nice looking rig...congratulations! And I love the name plate. RE the removable smoke stack, is there a functionality benefit to removing that for certain cooks?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Nah, nothing to do with cooks, but it helps with transport and storage :-)

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here