Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA Country DIY Brick smoker regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Country DIY Brick smoker regulations

Has anyone here built a brick DIY Smoker/Grill in LA County? I tried looking for regulations with google but all I could find was stuff about grilling in apartments.

I would imagine it might fall under the fire pits ordinances. It looks like LA County removed the section on outdoor cookers in 2010. The city you live in may also have requirements

Comment

where are you located in the LA County? California Air Resources Board (CARB) oversees air quality regulations in California and the state is divided into about 35 different districts.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you could use some regulation and oversight.... ;-)

Ok, I looked up LA County and it is within the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD). And congratulations, you are in the strictist air district in the world. But don't lose heart, you're a citizen and not a business.

Here is the rule for wood-burning devices (and it includes Pellet Smokers....ha ha). Charcoal is exempt and fire pits are not considered a cooking device.

http://www.aqmd.gov/docs/default-sou...5.pdf?sfvrsn=4

and Derickls is correct, I'd check with your city for any other requirements. Just go to your city's website and search for wood burning devices, outdoor cooking, etc.
      Last edited by TripleB; August 19, 2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

After reading that making it non permanent seems to be a problem. I was thinking of doing this on concrete foundation based on something I saw here. But if I understand correctly that makes it illegal in LA County.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here