Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Firebox for My COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Firebox for My COS

I am thinking about fabricating a replacement firebox for my current COS. The current one will need replacing eventually, plus, I'm in a position to do it now with COVID restrictions still keeping me away from work. Also, there is no side access to the current firebox, only from the top. I want to change that. I am also planning on using a much heavier gauge steel. The smoker's cook chamber is 39" x 17". I am planning to build a square/cuboid firebox and was wondering about dimensions. I think I'm correct that for a smoker of this size, a firebox 1/3 the volume of the cook chamber is adequate. But I wanted to know "how big is too big?" If I build one that is about 1/2 the volume of the cooker, will that work? Will I have to adjust other aspects of the cooker to allow it to work?
    Henrik , Ahumadora ?

Snap some pics of what you got and I will throw in my 2 pesos...

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I will.

A 20x20” firebox will be fine. No need or point in going big. But take a few photos and we’ll see.

Comment

Th offsets that I have, fireboxes is ~ ½ th volume of my cookin chambers, if that's of any help...

Mebbe THIS might help out, some: LINK

Comment

• BFlynn
        BFlynn commented
        Editing a comment
        What's with the "calc a later" business? I was told there would be no math.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here