Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy thoughts

One of my neighbors is selling a new, treagar burn assembly with controller......

Basically if I cut a hole in the side of a grill to attach this, that's basically a pellet grill?

Or am missing something..... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200701-205701_Nextdoor.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	873426

This basically just needs a box that will hold smoke and meat.....
    ​​​

BFlynn My Tailgater is essentially nothing more than a 35 gal barrel... but smaller...

I dont see why you couldn't cut a hole in the side of a 55 Gal barrel, mount it, and start cooking!

What does he want for it?

***Correction and 2nd thoughts***

You'll need a heat shield for over the fire pot ($40)
    https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.com...SABEgIVM_D_BwE

And you'll need a drip tray for the inside. Bet you can make a cookie sheet work.
    Last edited by Duckman_OK; July 1, 2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      @Duckman_OK
      He wants $250. But he got it for free. You can get a generic version for $125 online.

I might be interested for $50 or $75.....100 tops.

Figure I can buy a used char broil cheap, gut it and add this think.
      Or weld some legs on a barrel......... If only. I knew someone good at welding....

• Duckman_OK
      Duckman_OK commented
      Editing a comment
      I think 250 is a little steep.

Also, do you remember "mom's" grill. I've still got that and a welder.... just need you to come to Tulsa

This is my idea for a schematic. I think the a drum makes sense to go vertical, and if I put fewer holes in it, it should be less leaky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rough Schematic for Ugly Pellet Drum.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	873602

Interested to hear of anything else I'm missing, or added features you like on your drum smokers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here