Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding rotisserie to my barrel smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding rotisserie to my barrel smoker.

Hi,

I am about to receive my new smoker trailer and want to add a rotisserie to it.

The barrel has a fire tray for the lower level in order to use it as a grill station as well.
    So I am planning to burn wood on the far end of the barrel. And add a 'large animal rotisserie to the outside of the grill. by simply adding 2 rings next to the 44" door. So by moving the firetray back and forth, I can change distance and heat accordingly. To my information a 12" distance would be a rule of thumb. To be verified with the 7-second rule.
    Motor will just be stuck on the end of the spit. And prevented to turn by a bracket/chain.

Smoker door will work as heat deflector and lifted by chain for adjustments.

Under the spit a stainless tray will catch drippings with a center discharge tap. And liquids are for basting. And will not cause flare-ups.
    Tray will be placed in the already available grid rails.

Rotisserie can hold hogs/lamb/turkeys and chicken on a round carrousel.

Did I tick all the boxes to make this a showpiece during catering jobs and events?

Please comment if you have doubts or suggestions.

Greetings from Spain.

Attached Files

Wow! I'd like to see that in action!

Comment

Why did you stick the embers in his rear? Ohhhhhhh. Fire box in the rear. LoL!

Looks great!

Comment

Every time I see that thing all I can say is WOW. I then realize I have seen it before. But it's like it's the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLinebarger View Post
          Every time I see that thing all I can say is WOW. I then realize I have seen it before. But it's like it's the first time.
          Just drove around town and heard many WOW's. Note that here in Spain they haven't seen traditional smoker trailers ever. Even the chef's left their kitchens and took pictures with it. LOL. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_Arrival.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	855616

Comment

• JimLinebarger
            JimLinebarger commented
            Editing a comment
            It's still WOW!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here