Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber kettle bbq cart build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber kettle bbq cart build

Am going to build a cart for my Weber Master Touch. There seem to be several alternatives to supporting the kettle. I think the best is to use 3" x 3/4" corner braces. This would position the kettle about 1/2" from the wood (planning on using #1 Cypress). Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have no specific suggestions, but please post pictures of this if you do it. My son in law was talking to me about a Kamado and building a table for it, and I've convinced him he should get a 26" kettle and build a cart for that instead, so your process is of great interest to me.

Comment

I am interested as well.

Comment

Pinterest is good here...lots of pictures of Kamado/Weber tables for inspiration. If you wanted more space around it you might be able to chop the legs and still have it resting on a shelf. Somewhere I saw a kettle mounting kit, but I have no idea where. It might be worth a Googling.
        Last edited by glitchy; March 17, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Look at Wood BBQ table post started yesterday, in the third post down there's a YouTube video of a build for a Weber 22" kettle.
          This is the build I would go with, but as they mention is a very robust heavy build.
          I'm to go lighter on some of the lumber, the 2x6 table top was too much for my needs, maybe can the nook and doors.
          Go with cedar or redwood than spruce or fir.
          It'll be a couple of weeks yet till it warms up a bit before I start anything.

Comment

I built my BBQ cart a few years ago using western red cedar. It holds a 22" Weber Kettle (legs removed) and has a small storage cabinet on the right side. It has a ceramic tile top but, the next one I build just might have a granite top if I want to spend some money on it. It's my own design that I worked up in SketchUp.

Comment

• drobinson
              drobinson commented
              Editing a comment
              How is the kettle supported?

• RichardCullip
              RichardCullip commented
              Editing a comment
              Three 90degree metal brackets from HomeDepot. About an inch long. In hindsight I would have gone a bit longer to give the kettle handles more offset from the table edge. As it was I had to cut out a bit on the table top edge to get the handles room to set in.The rim around the kettle bottom sets on the brackets. Here's a picture of one of the brackets

• drobinson
              drobinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, that is a good solution. I will consider.

Here's another how to video:

Comment

• grantgallagher
              grantgallagher commented
              Editing a comment
              Liked that one. Pretty simple and it came out great.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here