Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber handle weld came loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Pork Butt
    commented on 's reply
    That was going to be my suggested solution! Customer service can be worth the cost of the product!

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    ***UPDATE***
    Called Weber customer service yesterday and spoke with a very friendly customer service rep. She asked for the serial number and quickly filed a warranty claim. Weber will be sending me a new fire bowl, no charge! I never registered the grill and have had it almost 5 years. Excellent customer service experience!!

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Thanks everyone. Think I'm going to go with the pan head machine screw route.

Leave a comment:

• Mark-B
    replied
    Depending on how old it is, it might still be covered under warranty. I'd call Weber.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Hilarious

• MattTheGR8
    commented on 's reply
    Never use baling twine when a zip tie will do.

• Attjack
    replied
    Son of a...

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I don't think a galvanized screw would be big enough to cause a problem, but I would use either ss or brass just to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    No, no. Duct tape. Unless you are a farmer, then it's baling twine.

• Grapefarmer
    replied
    A pan head screw or small carriage bolt works great. Drill a small hole and it is done and stronger than original. I wouldn't weld it.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Bondo

Leave a comment:

• johnec00
    replied
    Unless you have access to a pop rivet gun and steel pop rivets (not easily available), the economical solution is a 8-32 X 1/2" or so pan head machine screw. My grill does not fit tightly enough that the screw head would interfere.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Warranty is what I was thinking. I'm always up for a DIY project, but one could maybe do even better by getting it replaced.

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    Road trip to Dewesq55 house. If I remember correctly he has a new welder and wants to play! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I'd go with the pop rivet or nut and bolt. Same thing happened to my top handle. How old is your kettle? 10 year warranty on metal parts. http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/ this will help if you don't remember.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here