Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File Cabinet Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Cabinet Conversion

Go figure:

Some people seem to have too much time on their hands.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C392E600-B9C1-41ED-921F-DB4168D59DBF.jpeg
Views:	479
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	730495
      Lol. I saw this meme awhile ago.... I actually kind of love that there is a real version out there. Not gonna lie, when I first saw the meme, my brain went into overdrive to decide if it was feasible...........

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        You forgot a few steps. Throw It in the trash on the way to pick up a KBQ. 😀

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        N227GB Yeah . . . but probably not

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Mudkat You don't even have to go pick up a KBQ, it will come to you!

Mudkat , sure, if you can afford a KBQ..... which I can’t...... sooooooo, file cabinet smoker looks pretty good! Lol! 🤣😝👍

Comment

I think I'll file this under "no".

Comment

If it work, it works.

Comment

NO. This is a very BAD Idea. This file cabinet undoubtedly is made with parts and coatings that are dangerous to use for cooking food.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              Not to mention legal documents, which alone are enough to make anyone choke....

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4 on the burning coatings and paint, I'd be going vegan at that event.

Exactly, a bad idea. A guy here just finished building his offset smoker, using galvanized steel. Not smart.

Comment

While I agree that this is an awful idea, it apparently has more traction than one might have suspected:

This was mentioned in the comment of a link in another thread here.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                I had to laugh when he was blowing on his drill to cool it off, like that's going to do anything. The only way to cool it down quickly is to dunk it ice water....and, based on everything else he did, I'm really surprised he didn't. Smartest thing he did was to disable comments.

Well, FWIW, Alton Brown, the quintessential cooking/bbq nerd, has made smokers from a file cabinet, flower pot, and even a cardboard box.

Comment

Creativity,,,,,a 10
                probably no more toxic than tilapia

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a real 10-4, I really like tilapia until I watched a show on how they were grown....darn near tossed....

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here