Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern Yankee Rotisserie Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Yankee Rotisserie Smoker

We had a Southern Yankee Rotisserie Smoker donated to our Knights of Columbus Council.

It needs some attention but is in overall good shape. I am needing some components, mainly the carriages for the carousel.

Does anyone know if anything is still available and if so where?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

I can’t help, but I sure it will be a joy when you complete the restoration.

Comment

Southern Yankee has a Facebook page:

Southern Yankee BBQ Smokers, New Haven, Indiana. 675 likes · 1 talking about this. Southern Yankee BBQ is a custom manufacturer of BBQ smokers.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe had, hasn't had a post since 2015. Had a link to a website, I clicked on it and got a website for earrings. ???

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, hadn't looked that close, I searched it on Google Maps with info from the Facebook page and it led me to a permanently closed restaurant and not a Pit production facility.

Just contacted two local metal fabrication shops in my area. Will keep everyone informed on how things work out.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to suggest that. Southern Yankee doesn't seem to have much of a web presence, might be tough to get anything out of them.

Any of your local fab shops if any good they would be able to fabricate you new shelves and if its a good fab shop there shelves would probably be better than any you can buy from the company. If you was close to South Central Kansas i would fab you new shelves.

Comment

Yea a good fab shop will be able to help no problem. Looking forward to the refurbished cooker.

Comment

In action at the K of C BBQ. Made new baskets for carousel. Had to get a new motor and gearbox as the original was shot. Rewired everything and added a reversing switch to be able to move the carousel both ways.

Worked great. We had 108 pork steaks in at one time. Going to get it sandblasted and painted in the spring.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2451.JPG
Views:	1360
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	775470

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here