Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Finished My Weber Performer Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Finished My Weber Performer Table

Roughly 6 coats of Marine Varnish on each side. It took a long time because it was roughly 8-12 hours of drying time for each coat on each side.Sometimes I let it go 24 hours between coats. I finally even bought a cover to protect the wood from the sun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3089.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	719267Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3088.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	719266Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	719265

Beautiful table! Are you taking orders! . Of course, with the time involved, I don't think I could afford the labor rate...

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      It's totally doable if I could find fast drying exterior varnish.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe a kit that you could assemble and finish yourself.

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      A company refinished our front door. They put 3 coats of spar urethane on in about 6 hours by having fans blowing on it to help it dry. Maybe that would work for you.

Man, if only I had had a crystal ball back in middle school shop class, this would have been one of my projects and I would be installing it on my Performer right now. Of course, I wouldn't have gotten a very good grade, because there were no Performers back in the early 80's as far as I can tell.

Comment

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Middle school in the 80s. I wish.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s a middle school?

That came out great.

Comment

Sweet !!!

Comment

I wish I could find a fabricated replacement cart for my Performer. The kettle is in great shape, but the cart could stand replacing. Sadly, I'm not always diligent about putting the cover back on.

Comment

As a wood worker I congratulate you. That is beautiful. Glad to hear you got a cover for it to protect it from the sun and weather.

Comment

Looks great. Now you can stand back and just smile!

Comment

Damn this looks fine! troymeister

Comment

That turned out great. Very nice

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That's too good looking to be a food side table. In fact I might be tempted to move that into my house and not let anyone touch it !!!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

That turned out beautiful! Well done sir. It really complements the whole cart very well.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here