Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Homemade Weber Performer Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Homemade Weber Performer Table

I have been wanting to make a nice Weber table for a long time. I finally got around to it.

First coat of marine varnish on the bottom side of the table.

I originally was trying re-finish the old grey plastic table with a 2 part epoxy with some UV protectant mixed in.
    So I did the first coat to imbed in the epoxy the AR temperature chart, some coins from Belize, and Dollar bill from Belize. the first coat worked out fine. So I poured the second thick coat and it never would quite kick off and set all the way. So I ruined the old Weber table.

Time to build a new one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3078.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	714315Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3077.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	714313Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	714312Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	714314

That is a Classy Upgrade to your Weber troymeister ! Very Nice!

Comment

Nice! I don't have those type skills. In fact, I don't have any useful skills that I know of...

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Not according to my wife...

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        klflowers Our wives must be sisters. For years I thought she was telling me to "use less", now I realise it was "useless"!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        My liver can process copious amounts of alcohol, is that a skill?

That is a lovely piece of Oak. Get several good coats of urethane on that thing and it will last longer than the cooker

Comment

How are you going to attach the top?
        Don't throw out those screws from the plastic table. Mine were SS. I replaced my plastic table with the new metal one (10 year warranty) and the screws that came with it rusted.

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the original screws saved.

Nice upgrade!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

That almost looks too good to actually use!

Comment

It's beautiful! I wish I had the talent to do things like this.

How did you figure the clearance of the table from the kettle? Did you just use the old table as a pattern?

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I just used the old one as a template. I did make it a few inches longer though.
                Last edited by troymeister; July 15, 2019, 12:15 PM.

Beautiful. Love the personal touch. Wish I could do that kind of stuff. Kudos

Comment

Beautiful work. Even with the Spar Varnish try to keep it covered or you will be refinishing it every couple of years. Ask me how I know? Lots of boats. Especially with IL winter weather.

Comment

Excellent upgrade! Nice work!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here