Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Rebuild Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Rebuild Project

So my buddy came by and dropped off a Webber Genesis Silver B that he was going to take the dump, but I was able to intervene. It needs the standard stuff (grates, burners, heat shields, knobs, etc) and the not so standard (the left stationery shelf and the bottom sheet metal shelf).

Does anyone have any preferred resources for replacement\aftermarket grill parts?

Intervention is always a good thing !! Of course Weber is for sure a source for all Weber parts replacements, I'd start there. There's also Amazon, you'd be surprised how many parts they carry. One last place to look would be grillparts.com. Good luck and show us some pix of the newly renovated project !!!

Comment

For the shelf, my dad has a red Weber gasser that is 30 some years old. He bought a piece of Trex board and cut that for the shelving. Works great and is very easy to clean.

He he has replaced most of the parts as well, he may have just went through Weber’s website for that? Amazon may have decent pricin as well.

enjoy the rebuild.

Comment

It’s interesting that you have already joined the ranks of our Rescue Cooker Assoc. Interesting to see before & after. 🕶

Comment

Originally posted by ndogg138 View Post
          So my buddy came by and dropped off a Webber Genesis Silver B that he was going to take the dump, but I was able to intervene. It needs the standard stuff (grates, burners, heat shields, knobs, etc) and the not so standard (the left stationery shelf and the bottom sheet metal shelf).

Does anyone have any preferred resources for replacement\aftermarket grill parts?
          I think grillparts.com might be the place to start. I've got a Weber Genesis Silver A (2002) and have been able to buy the parts that Weber will no longer sell me, such as the old smaller sized hood thermometer, from that site. Your Silver B is just the 3 burner version of my 2 burner Silver A.

Comment

Have fun with the rebuild!

Comment

Grill parts and repair made easy with your #1 backyard barbecue and gas grill resource. Parts and repair information for Weber, DCS, Ducane, Charbroil, Viking, Broil King, and many other name brand grills.

Your stop for Weber grill replacement parts, including Genesis grill parts, grill grates, grill hoses, and igniter kits. Everything you need to keep your BBQ going.

Comment

I was in the same situation about 5 months ago. Neighbor bought a new Weber Genesis and was going to put his old one on the curb. Gave it to me and I replaced burners, flavorizer bars, grates, wheels, knobs and rotisserie motor. Works like a champ. Lent (did not give) my old Silver A to my son. CaptainMike lists the parts sites. Can also get stuff off of amazon.

i love reconditioning old Weber’s.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Reconditioning grills is a nice pastime with a nice reward at the end.

Good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here