Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Spin

Here's my latest design. The "Doesn't Spin". 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_165720.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	621882

Hacksaw, old grate, and a lick of sense.

OK, so...if it "doesn't spin", you are foregoing the possibility of a high temp sear over the SnS?

Comment

Good point, but it seems like if you're willing to sacrifice the SnS "cold grate" sear method, you could simply lift & turn the grate, then leave it in place to finish the sear. That way you can still get a good reverse sear.

Comment

Actually I put one half moon Grill Grate directly over the SNS when it's time to sear. I'll take a pic sometime and post it here. Here's some wings I did that way tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190111_185754.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	621916

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Mudkat
          I like my bean to go "thud" when a big spoonful is plopped down on my plate! Mr. Bones
          I am of th same mind, Brother!
          Reckon ya done seen my spoon standin, in my black eyed peas...
          That there is th point I consider my beans to be officially "reduced"

What kinda riffs did ya do on yer Granny's? Jus betwixt us bean guys, down low...
          (I got some on deck, made fer Friday, jus ain't had time to write it all up, an post pics...)
          Comin Soon, Suwannee!

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          I played a melody of portobello mushrooms, green pepper, onion, and added some jalapeno at the for crunch. Mr. Bones. I did see your bean post and decided to make these.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I like wings. Is that all of them? Where’s the rest? Mr. Bones is that a FrijolesDemi dish? wire and post LMAO!!

Gotcha. Clever! Love GGs!

Comment

its just so confusing……. to spin or not to spin?

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Easy now. See how I spun that?

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok. I got it. I think.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Mudkat now we’re just going in circles.

Actually, with enough alcohol I can make an entire room spin, a grate should be no trouble indeed.

Comment

Indeed. ComfortablyNumb
            ROFLMAO!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here