Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so finally after several delays and setbacks, I am very, very happy to introduce you guys to the new addition to my family:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 3-1-19, 5 43 49 PM.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	644070

Finally home, using up my additional parking space in front of my house! Isn't it AWESOME?

Name:	Photo 3-1-19, 5 46 47 PM.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	644071

250 gallon tank, using up and old jet-ski trailer we had lying around but was in poor condition. This thing is HEAVY!

Name:	Photo 3-1-19, 5 46 07 PM.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	644072

Decided not to paint as I like the rustic/rusty look it's got. This thing is OLD. I found it abandoned in a scrapyard in the middle of nowhere. Glad I could give it a new, happy home!

Name:	Photo 3-1-19, 5 59 28 PM.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	644069

What the above pic says is "thanks to everyone who made this project possible" and that definitely includes The Pit, and a very special thanks to Ahumadora who was with me every step of the way. Couldn't have done this without you!

Can't wait to post some first-cook pics. Should be tomorrow or Sunday!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I could help out. Notice you will suddenly have many more new friends showing up when the smoke starts wafting across the Salvadorian hillside.

• SpiritBrisket
      SpiritBrisket commented
      Editing a comment
      She's a beauty! Did you do the work yourself or hire some help?

Again congratulations on the new smoker. It has character. Can’t wait to share your first cook through the upcoming photos. Really looking forward to them.

Comment

Super cool man. Really looking forward to seeing some in action pics.

Comment

Quick question on picking up tanks like this... I have read that it can be unsafe to start cutting into used fuel tanks as there may be some still on the inside. How do you make sure this isn't the case so that I can safely cut into the tank? Thank you so much for the help!

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Stick your nose in it!! I have cut about 200 of these large tanks and still here writing on this forum. Should of had the valves removed from it for a while.

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Fill it with water first and then drain completely.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here