Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream Outdoor Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Outdoor Kitchen

What's everyone's ultimate, no holds barred, incredible built-in outdoor kitchen setup. With all the bells and whistles? Don't be modest, let 'er rip!

I'd probably have to say a KBQ, Komodo Kamado 32", a nice built-in griddle with dedicated gas source, somewhere around a 36" Santa Maria style grill with a rotisserie attachment and a side mounted brazier. I think I'd have to still have my Weber 22" and my rectec in the shed for camping, or when you want to just set and forget. Plenty of counter space, well covered, and have a good size sink. Hell, why not throw in a kegerator and a mini fridge cause after all, this is no hold barred right?

I'll jump in (And follow for ideas) as my plans are now sitting with an engineer for a 32'x16' scissor-trussed covered deck. Really leaning towards a WSCG as the centerpiece appliance, but will definitely do the built-in gas range, sink with H&C water, a large mobile butcher block island-y thing, and an area for a SM grill. All work to be performed by yours truly, which will save much money but cost much time. However, with that in mind I welcome any and all ideas, thoughts, pitfalls, successes and failures. Thanks JakeT for the start.

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like an awesome set up! love the covered deck!

I would start with a prep area with NSF Cambria tops through out. Two large stainless steel sinks and the ability too wash and spray the area down for clean up.
    For toys, I would start with Lynx warming drawers, twin Sub-Zero outdoor fridges, Wolf outdoor fryer, Lynx Gas Griddle, a built in AMG Gas Grill, built in with NG piped in.
    For the stick burner, I would go with a Lone Star Grillz 24'' x 48'' Offset Smoker w/ Vertical cook box and stainless grates. A Grillworks 36 Asador, grill, with all the bells and whistles. And for the Kamado? You know I have to go with the Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32"

I would love to have a large center island/bar to entertain and serve dinner. Oh yeah, and a huge, variable speed ceiling fan hanging from huge oak rafters. Don't forget the music too!

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, can I stop by? I'll bring the booze! Definite with the fan, perhaps a "Big Ass Fan"?https://www.bigassfans.com

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man! Those are sweet! JakeT

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, why not the 42” Komodo ?

I would love something like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoor-kitchen-with-pizza-oven.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	484010

Brick or Stone pizza oven with a Santa maria grill to one side. And of course a bunch of grills and smokers.

Comment

So I will be the odd one here as usual. My setup would be my kamado Joe set mostly wooded property where the chickens can run free no neighbors no noise except for Alexa playing some Appalachian music. Sorry told ya odd but I prefer simple life don't need anything fancy and no need to impress anyone. Good thread tho

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        That's actually not much different than most of us here, customtrim. Anything to get me out of the house and enjoying the outdoors is good with me. Except I don't have one of those fancy Alexa things.

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. Only way to listen to my music

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        The comments I made about not needing to impress anyone and not needing anything fancy is not directed towards anyone here

I'm simplifying life. Will probably add a small stainless steel prep table on casters to my patio cooking area. I like to move my cookers around depending on how I want to set-up for the day. I'll stick with pop-up cover for bad weather.....I'll show you what that looks like later this spring.

P.S. I reserve the right to add more cookers to mitigate this MCS thing I seem to have acquired...LOL
      Last edited by PJBowmaster; April 15, 2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Can you start by saying Kalamazoo.
        Last edited by FireMan; April 15, 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I like the pic above, would love a nice built-in, a good outdoor prep and serving area like that bar. Plenty of covered space, with some rollaway overhead cover as well as a way to block (or open up to) the wind.

Biggest thing I need right now, though, is a cleaning area. Like a large, industrial-size stainless steel double sink like you'd see in a restaurant, with super hot water and a heavy duty sprayer. Cleaning stuff is my nemesis, especially grates!

I mean, really, how the heck you supposed to get slicked-up grease and smoke off a grate with cold water from a hose???? Ain't no WAY my wife wants me bringing this greasy, drippy and oversize stuff in the house, into the kitchen, to spread that sooty slime all over her counters and sink. No way.

Name:	facepalm-statue.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	484184

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
            Frozen Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife will use the outside shower feature on our camper to wash some of that greasy sooty smoker stuff. But I don't use my big steam table pans in the smoker anymore because of that reason. I use foil pans now and toss them or maybe wash them once. It's more expensive but it sure makes clean up much easier!

Living where I do a outdoor kitchen just isn't even practical we got a foot of snow yesterday! But I sure admire you warm weather guys and some of your set ups. They look so functional and relaxing. However my garage is set up as a semi outdoor kitchen in the summer. I have the garage door open and let the outdoors in. My trailer rigs sit right out side so I'm just a few steps away from the Santa Maria and the vertical and horizontal stick burner. I have a 6ft. stainless steel prep table with a sink along one wall. Upper and lower cabinets on the other wall that hold all the other cooking gear and serving plates etc.
          A nice wood bar that my neighbor built with a beautiful knotty pine top that seats 8. A 42" tv with Amazon Fire and DirecTv Now so I get any and all local sports. 2 refridgerators one for beer and spirits and one for food. One large freezer. My Camp Chef stove and flat top occupies a space along the wall as well.

I don't have running water but have considered running it out there. So I guess that's as close as I can get to an outdoor kitchen living where I do. It's not ideal but it works.
          It's also heated so it can be used in the winter time but the door needs to be closed to keep the weather outside of course.
          We have had some real *sheet* show bbq parties out there over the years!

I do have to be cautious starting around this time of year though. We are the last house on a dead end road right up against the woods. When I got the stick burners going the aroma of smoke and meat wafts through the woods and will attract some unwanted dinner guests! I've had bears stand 30 yards away sticking their nose in the air and assessing the situation. Usually I can send them running by making a loud noise or throwing something at them. But just in case I am usually armed.

If I go in the house for any amount of time and return to the garage I never just walk in. I will make some noise while walking out or bang the side of the garage before walking in. Don't want to surprise one of those critters in the event they wandered in while I was gone. Usually doesn't end well for the home owner when that happens.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that is awesome! And crazy! lol. I can't imagine having bear standing in my yard checking out my BBQ! Also sounds like a hella good setup for what you have to work with, man! A lot of that I would love to have. I just have a small back patio about half-covered by roofline. lol

I'm happy with what I've got. Large BGE, Uuni Pro, KBQ and a small TEC gasser. Huge friggin' stainless cafeteria table my wife scavenged from a construction site. Has cubbies to put stuff in. Nice shed for most of this stuff, and a garage for more. All I need now is a caretaker to keep the yard semi-orderly and pleasant to hang out in. Haven't quite got that box checked.

Comment

Just completed our move to the Black Hills of South Dakota. This is what I’ve got so far. Still looking to add a small stainless steel prep table to the mix. I’ve still got my Weber 2 burner gas grill to deploy. And I’m thinking of adding a Pit Barrel Cooker.

Name:	B97DA319-BC09-4559-800A-69F28CC4CCB4.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	491121

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              What a great location!

Prep area with granite countertops and large stainless steel sink, preferably with hot and cold running water. Pergola with removable soo shade. Built in gas grill with rotisserie. The Good One Heritage Oven. A PBC. Outdoor pizza oven. Good lighting for nightime cooking. A wet bar with seating.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              I should have included an insulated cabinet smoker for cold weather cooking. It's the one aspect of my Masterbuilt Electric that I really like.

Well this is my outdoor kitchen. It will have to do for now!

Name:	the_pair.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	491152

Comment

I want a wet bar:

Name:	swim-up-bar-pool-1-640x427-c.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	491156

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh. Em. Gee. The only problem is someone built that (is that yours RonB ???) in a place where the neighbors are only FEET away! I need some space! I need some ROOM!

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              @tRididiot - I wish!

Just a 4 burner gas grill, a 4 burner griddle, a double sink, and my current Primo XL. OK OK my current Primo XL plus another one. Lots of counter space, a large capacity ice machine, and a space for a built in 60-100 quart cooler. Also a kegerator. Also an outdoor fridge. All under a cover of some sort so I’m in the shade or out of the rain. Also a wood pizza oven.

Nothing fancy

Comment

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              An ice machine is #1 on my list.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here