Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying a little 2 zone cooking ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying a little 2 zone cooking ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171216_152831.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	424492

... on an old friend, my well used grill. Some cabbage and cauliflower for testing. There is some red oak in them coals. The air flow goes in the rear coal vents, through the coals/wood, up over the bricks and food, and then out the front coal vent under the food. I did have the vent on the top cracked open just a touch, but probably did not need to. I could only get it to 250 degrees F though. And the fuel area is a little snug. I estimate 4 - 5 hours of cooking fuel in the coal zone. I left about 6 inches of coal missing with a piece of wood at the bottom and dumped about 10 lit coals in there. Straight line minion method. Next time no wood there. The coals lit up the wood and made too much white smoke at the beginning. After that all went well. The food was dam good, using that red oak and 2 zone cookin'!
    Last edited by lostclusters; December 16, 2017, 07:36 PM.

Grilled cauliflower is gooooooooooood.

Comment

Glad to see ya do it vs. tryin it. Looks good & happy to see the taste department deliver too.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Perfect. Did you have a thermostat to help you control temperature?

Comment

• lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            You can see the Smoke unit stuck to the leg of the grill.

Nice work! I love that old rig you are running too.

Comment

Cool stuff. Do you spice or paint the cauliflower and cabbage first? Cabbage is great when roasted so I can see how good that would be.

Comment

• lostclusters
              lostclusters commented
              Editing a comment
              Drizzled about a half tablespoon of olive oil on each piece, lightly seasoned with salt and fresh ground pepper. And then on the cooker.

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here