Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat top griddle cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Smoke for sure your grill was not hot enough if the eggs ran. That was funny. I take my pulled pork to work and flash it in the grill you get a nice little crust on the pulled pork sammich. I do mine in Butter.

Flattops are awesome forsteak sandwiches, beer or chicken tacos, pastrami sammiches, patty melts, grilled veggies and all,kind of stuff. If you reheat on the grill you still have BBQ or outdoor cooking flavor too.

i want one of these for my house.

Comment

I finally got around to taking some pics of my griddle set up. I debated and researched for about a month on what to get. At first I was only considering the dedicated flat tops like the Black Stone 36" or the Camp Chef 36". Blue Rhino also has a dedicated flat top that breaks down a bit better than the other two for portability which is a important point for me.
      Then I started looking at the camp stoves and separate griddles for them and decided that would best fit my needs. They break down much nicer for portability and I still have the same griddle space not to mention the flexibility of having a stove and/or a griddle.
      I really need to find more time to work with this. I've only cooked on it 3 times so far in about a month of having it.

Any way I went with the Camp Chef Pro 90X I have about $500 wrapped up in this total. Each griddle has it's own carry bag. The stove breaks down and fits nicely into a bag that has rollers. I also purchased the patio cover for it. Everything seems to be of good quality. If you notice on the left side of the stove next to the controllers is a dent. It came out of the box that way. Camp Chef customer service refunded me $40 for the damage. Great customer service!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	421214

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	421215

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	421216

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	421217
      Last edited by Frozen Smoke; December 9, 2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Great setup!

That looks great!

Comment

Please don’t give me more ideals 😊

Comment

Man what I could do with that! Let's see some pics of that baby in action!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
            Frozen Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I'm hoping to do soon is to get some more action on that thing. I need to get the learning curve out of it

I concur the Mud! ^^^^

Comment

I'm hoping we can keep this thread alive and maybe lead to a sub channel for flat tops. Would love to see others who have flat tops post some pics and recipes to keep this going.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat top.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	421450

How about this one?

Comment

Didn't want this thread to die. I cooked breakfast Christmas morning and burgers that evening for one of my sons and son in law on the flat top. The wife and daughter were down in Florida visiting my sister so it was just the guys. Sorry no pics as I didn't have time to deal with the camera. I'm getting a better handle on heat control. I need to get better organized with all my ingredients beforehand. Things happen a little faster on a flat top than on a stick burner. I've got plenty time to organize things during a smoke not so much on a hot griddle!

Breakfast was pretty basic south western potato's, sausage, bacon scrambled eggs. I meant to toast english muffins on the flat top but got so involved in hovering over everything I forgot them. Everything turned out great.

Hamburgers really surprised me. The char flavor from the flat top was great. Made the burger taste like a burger from your favorite pub or bar. A few slices of left over bacon from breakfast and a slice of cheese and some fried onions and we were all set.
                I meant to toast the buns but forgot to do that as well. Anyhow things go a little smoother every time using it.

Kind of reminds me when I first started stick burning. You are nervous and hovering over everything until things become second nature. Hopefully I'm going to try to use it again this weekend. See if I can't work the camera in.

Clean up is a breeze with this thing. Once the food is removed I scrape all the food bits off with a scraper and toss in the garbage. Then I scrape all the extra grease into the grease channel. I don't know if Camp Chef designed it this way or it just so happens that the corner of the scraper fits perfectly into the V of the grease channel so you can push all the grease into the drain hole and into the grease catch.

Then I kill the flame and deglaze with water. I scrape the water around until it evaporates and then wipe off any remaining food bits. A little coat of oil on everything and let it cool. I like it!

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds great, regardless of getting a little frantic!

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool beans! Well except the no pic part. Guess you'll have to do it again this weekend!

I like my Arteflame (for weber 26) a lot. One day I'll probably get a griddle for my little Weber 210 as well for quick cooks.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dang, I forgot all about my Arteflame.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can send it to me DWCowles !

I've been meaning to cook more on my Drip n' Griddle pan. Here are a few recipes I found a while back that I'd like to try:
                https://snapguide.com/guides/make-sa...cken-teriyaki/ (note I think there is better teriyaki than Sarku's, but I'll give this a try)

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-cheese-steaks (sounds like you already have done this, can you post some pictures?)

Comment

Sorry no pics PBCDad of any of my flat top cooks. Stay tuned some will be coming soon!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here