Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat top griddle cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texastweeter
    replied
    whatcha wanna cook on a griddle? I love burgers, steaks, hash, fajitas, salmon, shrimp, i can go on and on. It is an underused tool IMO.

Leave a comment:

• allsid
    replied
    I think a dedicated thread for all things Flat top/Griddle grilling is in the works. Personally, I have 2 of them and am writing a book on the cooker which should be released in July. Like Mr. Bones mentioned, I cooked on one many moons ago and they are so much fun to cook on.

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    I have a flat top on my wish list too. They look like fun to cook on. Make some great burgers.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    By the way in addition to dedicated flattops, a baking steel griddle works great on a kettle or other charcoal grill. Depending on the size you can fit it will provide you enough space to do a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    We had some ice around the edge of Tonka today, same bays are icing over at night. Next week should firm things up pretty good. I was up on Vermillion last year for that Walleye bite! Outstanding.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Nice! I was going to head over to that as well. But I am cooking tomorrow. the one good thing about Wild games, is the beer is always cold and the crowd is always rowdy. They are a great ticket.

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Spinaker no kidding! I'm in Cloquet specifically. Heading down to the ice fishing show at the Excel Center tomorrow morning and then going to see the Wild get destroyed by the Blues after that. I'm waiting for decent ice on Vermillion the early walleyes were crazy good up there last year!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I know right where that is. I spend a fair amount of time up in the Arrowhead. (BWCA, Vermillion, Gunflint). I am down in Minnetonka.

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Spinaker yep from Mn. 150 miles north of the big cities. Just south of Duluth on the Big Lake they call Gitchee Gummee

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    That would be great! I am really curious, I would love to get a Flat-Top. Let me (us) know if you have any questions.

BTW, you're from MN, correct?

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    Frozen Smoke. I moved your topic to the correct area.

I know we have some members that do Flat Top cooking. I would love to see where this thread goes. Hopefully some chime in soon.
    Thank you! This is new to me so if anyone here has some experience and recipes I'd be interested! I will post some pics of my set up next week maybe that will trigger others to do the same

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Frozen Smoke. I moved your topic to the correct area.

I know we have some members that do Flat Top cooking. I would love to see where this thread goes. Hopefully some chime in soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Flat tops are great, cooked on 'em professionally, many long years...
    Been eyeballin' some outdoor ones, my dang self.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    started a topic Flat top griddle cooking

Flat top griddle cooking

Where would one post threads about flat top griddle cooking recipes etc. Outdoor kitchens? I know the Blackstone and Camp Chef flat tops are getting popular. I bought a Camp Chef Pro 90X stove with steel griddles for it. Have cooked on it just a few times and it's fun to cook on. Be interested in others here have a interest in flat tops.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here