Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat top griddle cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    replied
    That looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    I finally got around to taking some pics of my griddle set up. I debated and researched for about a month on what to get. At first I was only considering the dedicated flat tops like the Black Stone 36" or the Camp Chef 36". Blue Rhino also has a dedicated flat top that breaks down a bit better than the other two for portability which is a important point for me.
    Then I started looking at the camp stoves and separate griddles for them and decided that would best fit my needs. They break down much nicer for portability and I still have the same griddle space not to mention the flexibility of having a stove and/or a griddle.
    I really need to find more time to work with this. I've only cooked on it 3 times so far in about a month of having it.

Any way I went with the Camp Chef Pro 90X I have about $500 wrapped up in this total. Each griddle has it's own carry bag. The stove breaks down and fits nicely into a bag that has rollers. I also purchased the patio cover for it. Everything seems to be of good quality. If you notice on the left side of the stove next to the controllers is a dent. It came out of the box that way. Camp Chef customer service refunded me $40 for the damage. Great customer service!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	421214

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	421215

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	421216

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	421217
    Last edited by Frozen Smoke; December 9, 2017, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    I prefer burgers that way too. My wife likes burgers on a grill.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    I have camp chef myself

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Get a laser pizza oven thermometer. Accurate heat measurements help a lot

• BourBonQ
    commented on 's reply
    Bones, I like the way you're thinking...

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Frozen Smoke for sure your grill was not hot enough if the eggs ran. That was funny. I take my pulled pork to work and flash it in the grill you get a nice little crust on the pulled pork sammich. I do mine in Butter.

Flattops are awesome forsteak sandwiches, beer or chicken tacos, pastrami sammiches, patty melts, grilled veggies and all,kind of stuff. If you reheat on the grill you still have BBQ or outdoor cooking flavor too.

i want one of these for my house.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Mebbe indirect cook on yer 26, then sear in cast iron? Lots more work, but, mebbe, th' Perfect Hamburguesa ?
    Hope ya' have a great day off, Homey!

• HouseHomey
    replied
    BourBonQ I cook more burgers on my cast iron then I ever do on my 26". I love, love grilling but I like a solid crust on my burger rather than grill marks.

Can't beat the taste of my 26 on a burger but it's a fair trade off for a solid crust on my burger.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    No heresy, in my eyes, jus' great griddle burgers!

• BourBonQ
    replied
    Been cooking burgers at tailgates for a few years on a Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner with cast iron flat top griddle accessory. Might be heresy here, but I love burgers cooked on a scorching griddle better than over charcoal... something about that crust that you can only get with cast iron.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
    Flat tops are great, cooked on 'em professionally, many long years...
    Been eyeballin' some outdoor ones, my dang self.
    Tons of You Tube video's to watch when you try to decide which one to buy. A guy named Tonybuddy has a good video that compares Black Stone to Camp Chef. He clearly preferred the Camp Chef. I went with a Camp Chef 3 burner camp stove and bought griddles that will fit on it. I get more versatility this way plus it breaks down nicely to take on camping trips.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Originally posted by texastweeter View Post
    whatcha wanna cook on a griddle? I love burgers, steaks, hash, fajitas, salmon, shrimp, i can go on and on. It is an underused tool IMO.
    So far I've cooked breakfast twice and made Philly Cheese Steaks once. Getting the heat right is what I have been working on. Any tips or recipes would be great from those experienced. First time I made scrambled eggs it was a mess. I dumped 8 scrambled eggs onto the griddle too fast and they just ran all over the place. Griddle could have been hotter too. Ran down into the grease catch and everything. Second time I didn't pour them on as fast and it went a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I kinda figured you had one of these.

• Histrix
    replied
    I bought a Blackstone 22" griddle earlier this year. Love it. Didn't really have room on the patio for their 28 or 36 inchers. I can put the 22"er in the deck box when done with it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here