Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet MUDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet MUDS

Uh oh. Look what I got... I wonder what this will turn out to be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171027_141106.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	403041

She may be Ugly and she might get pricey, but she's gonna be My Ugly Drum Smoker. Meet "MUDS".

Congrats -so are going to have a Coming Out Party when it's done??

Comment

We should! Looks like it'll feed everybody! First I have to get that nasty food grade coating outta there!

Comment

Looks like a good burn is coming!

Comment

LOTTA capacity in them dudes.

Comment

ALRIGHT! Build thread! Iā€™m following this one!

Comment

Purification By Fire seems in order, brother!
              Ain't seein' no ugly, reckon it's all perspective, huh?

Comment

Is there a preview of the paint job? Ya gotta have a paint job, otherwise it would be like a ride with no wheels.
                Speakin of wheels & a ride, I wonder how Henrik is coming with his curb feelers?

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uh, I forgot about those. I did pimp my smoke box by adding a wedge/angle on top (it's 100% flat), so rain is guided off properly. Things you learn when you smoke meat all night in pouring rain. But no curb feelers yet :-)

Iā€™m going to like this.

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to this one! Also following.

Comment

It's either burn or sandblast the coating out. Mixed reviews on Inet with burnout. Anyone burned out food grade coating?

By the way, this was used by a local bee keeper to keep honey. I like that.

Comment

I'd go with sandblasting. Will get you a much better result.

Comment

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's what I'm thinking. That might be the expensive part. šŸ˜€

There is always the wire wheel route. We stripped a whole aircraft (never to be flown again) with them.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I probably still have wire stuck in me from that experience. Its now in the Dulles Air & Space Museum. Mudkat

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kinda cool it's in the museum! I have no desire to look like a porcupine unless of course it's the only way!

• richinlbrg
                        richinlbrg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What plane, HawkerXP ?

Its the German made, Junkers JU 52. richinlbrg Mass produced during WW2 much like our DC 3 was. Lufthansa was still flying one or two last time I checked.Click image for larger version  Name:	694647a1848c2456bc3aac4967d4d569.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	405153

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, or the Dulles Air and Space Museum. richinlbrg I also helped with a couple of other aircraft that are there.

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That thing is awesome! Don't much about planes but beauty is beauty and that's a beaut!

• richinlbrg
                        richinlbrg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        HawkerXP , for some reason I presumed it was the Udvar-Hazy. I live very close by. Need to go back!

Love those Ju-52's!!!
                      early low 'n slow!!!

Comment

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've been in some of those career bumps a time or two!

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup. Me too. Fun stuff.
                        Ol' Timers tol' me, when I wasn't even in kiddiegarten yet:
                        "Bones, gonna be some days, boy, ya' th' Dog.....now,
                        But, most days, son...
                        Yer th' Fire Hydrant!!!!! Mudkat
                        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 3, 2017, 07:33 AM.

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lol! That's the best variation I've heard of on that saying! šŸ˜ Here's to being the dog from now on! šŸŗ

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here