Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a new grilling workbench over the weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new grilling workbench over the weekend!

Only took about 10-15 minutes to put it together, and cost $0!

No more leaning over the grill cleaning the grates, I can get'em hot, pull'em off and put them on the new table to clean and put them back down on the grill without breaking the back. Also no more balancing acts holding the food trays while opening the grill lids and trying not to drop the food in the grass. I also added hooks on the side, just need to look into a beer/whisky holder and I am golden!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161225_124034744.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	255629
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161225_124017752.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	255628

Brilliant

Comment

Now that is very cost effective and stylish as well. I'll bet DW loves it too.

Comment

Great use for pallets!

Comment

Definitely classic styling!

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I wonder if I could fit that on my apt. patio or something like it. Ya got me thinkin.

Comment

rip1877 Pretty danged cool!!! Where'd ya score the smaller pallets?

Comment

• rip1877
                  rip1877 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From work, all our freight shipments come in on pallets and we just throw them out. I saw something about making items out of scrap so I figured I would do something. Since I have been needing a workbench outside this just came out. I used all scrap parts for it.

That is "awesome sauce", as my grandson would say.

Now, I'm kicking myself. I had something delivered a couple of weeks ago that came on three, very solid pallets. What did I do? Why, put 'em out for the trash man, of course.

(Now, please pardon me. I'm going to go kick my cat.)

Comment

Great idea. Good solid table that you wont have to worry about messing up with hot lids, skillets or grates.

Comment

I often see pallets for free on CL or on my drive to work. Instructables has tons of projects using them.

Comment

• rip1877
                      rip1877 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang it now I'm going to have to take more pallets home to build better projects...

• Atalanta
                      Atalanta commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BF wants me to get an SL wagon next. I can fit pallets in that much easier. He'll be sorry.

Sadly our pallets turn into wannabe Christmas trees.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here