Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a rocket stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a rocket stove

i came across this local guy on a craigslist ad who was selling custom rocket stoves he makes using recycled materials. i finally met up with him today and picked one up. Looking forward to breaking it in for some reverse searing or maybe just as a small campfire to make smores. i haven't fired it yet because i need to cut some smaller chunks of wood to fit it and didn't feel like running the chainsaw after a few vodka drinks (smarter than I am young!). also, i was thinking about hitting it with some high temp paint first but maybe not. i like me some patina!

after looking it over i came to the conclusion that i could have made one myself using scrap pieces from local metal shop but i'd likely have spent more on welding wire, grinding wheels and welding gas (not to mention the time spent) than it cost to buy one already made. but i run in to this conundrum with everything I buy. i can't hobby everything as much as i'd like to!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210416_165147337.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1018761

Name:	IMG_20210416_165128882.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1018762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210416_165332904.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1018764

Name:	IMG_20210416_165354043.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1018763

Fire that thing up!

Comment

Totally cool ! ! !

If you don't mind, what did it set you back ?

Comment

zzdocxx
        it was $80. most I'd been shopping were $100-up plus shipping for similar material and construction and some were upward to $300. He was charging $100 when I first saw his ad and when he lowered it to $80 I figured I couldn't not save $20
        the guy is in Lakewood, CA. His name is Alan. he would likely ship but you'll pay shipping.

this is him. tell him I sent ya!

Comment

• LDimick
          LDimick commented
          Editing a comment
          Says posting has expired

Those things are the bomb....literally!!!

Comment

Sweetness.....

**This thread reminded I need a small portable Jet Boil for next deer season.

Comment

Ecozoom modded for air blown charcoal wok firing.

Name:	2789A623-C7C3-4BD9-AD35-2C78304CB4DF.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1019214

Comment

• latenight71
              latenight71 commented
              Editing a comment
              R2-BQ rollin some large stack! Love it!

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wok goes from cold to 900F in under 60 sec.

• JakeT
              JakeT commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks more like an episode of Forged in Fire!

That's booked up to a hair dryer or what ???

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              BBQ Dragon

I need to fire this one up..
            i think when i do the graduation cook i will
            they make a low roar when its running right..hence the name rocket stove.
            several off the grid folks use one...simple and fun at same time
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here