Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever use your Blackstone griddle inside the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolfins
    replied
    I've had indoor griddles for the past 30+ yrs. A couple were Jenn- Air downdrafts, and I currently have a five burner gas Kitchen Aid, that I occasionally use a Camp Chef griddle plate on. As pointed out, grease collection and ventilation are really the only concerns. The Blackstone pictured is concerning due to the grease collection in the rear, I would hope there is a tray underneath, but would be difficult to monitor, as attjack points out, turn it around. Grease fires are nasty. As far as ventilation, if it's inadequate, you'll only do it once

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Lodge CI griddle over two burners, like others have mentioned. And I do have to adjust the flame for each burner to get even heat. But it works great.

I also use the griddle on my gasser outside during the summer. Grease management is the key, like others also have said. I just use a paper towel for that and it works great. Especially for smash burgers.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    What a wonderful idea.
    Hoppy Griddling to you.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Cast iron or baking steel griddle over two burners all the time. I did try two sets covering four burners once but it basically chokes off the airflow and kills the gas flames so that just isn’t practical.

plus I often use the griddle for things that smoke a lot so better outside.

then there is grease management everyone else has been talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a stove but with just the griddle top of the blackstone on top of it.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Michael_in_TX Gas. I probably wouldn't try it on electric for at least a couple of reasons. My gas burners are not the same size and I just try to adjust them to be about the same output.

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    Electric or gas? I just recently found my old lodge griddle and, to my astonishment, is not fully caked with rust. I used it exactly once to brown chuck steak cubes for an Alton Brown strew. Thinking of getting it back into service. Any major weirdness with using a griddle over two burners (one smaller than the other)?

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    We have the smooth top electric too, I shudder to think what my wife would do to me if put CI on the glass top.

• Starsky
    replied
    Only once. But the fire dpt. that showed up suggested that I don't do it again

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Smoke ventilation would be my biggest concern. That's one of the advantages of an outside griddle in the first place.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    It appears to just be a Blackstone griddle top sitting on a gas range. I still probably wouldn't do it, though. Especially for a few strips of bacon.

• Hulagn1971
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris I'd never run any of the larger ones inside for those reasons.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    It's kind of like the design of vent-free versus vented gas fireplace logs. Only certain burner types are safe for vent free operation, and they are usually much fewer BTU's than the vented type of gas logs.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    It is my understanding that most burners intended for outdoor use, maybe because they are much higher BTU's than indoor cooktop burners, are only rated for outdoor use due to the much higher levels of carbon monoxide produced. Not a good idea to run an outdoor cooker inside unless you have all the windows and doors open, and exhaust vents running, etc. I would at the very least only risk it if I had a CO detector nearby.

• Attjack
    replied
    If you flipped it around and were handy enough you could devise a grease collection system that hung in front where you could keep an eye on and empty it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here