Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Burner Control Knobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Burner Control Knobs...

Paging a few I know have a Camp Chef FTG600 or FTG450 to this thread... along with Kathryn who has a Camp Chef stove...

DavidEmpey Tspud1 fzxdoc

I've had a Camp Chef flat top (FTG900) since June, and used it to make breakfast yesterday. I had probably not used it maybe as long as two weeks before yesterday morning. We've just not been cooking as much lately. Anyway, I noticed that the control knobs, which have a chrome finished plastic bezel around them are peeling. I assume this is from heat, since I don't recall ever using a cleaning chemical on the grill. The grease and spatters seem to stay up top, and I've just been wiping down the front and sides using a dry rag. I keep a bin of wash clothes I bought just for grill rags on the bottom shelf.

Have any of you seen this happen on your Camp Chef cookers?

I have not tried to contact Camp Chef over this, and unfortunately, the Camp Chef 1 year warranty expressly excludes the finish. From the manual:

"Unfortunately, product paint and other finishes are not covered by this warranty. The exterior finish of the product will wear down over time."

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.JPEG
Views:	675
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	906393Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2612.JPEG
Views:	571
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	906394Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2613.JPEG
Views:	562
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	906395

That’s a shame. Sure hope it’s not common, but expressly excluding it from warranty sounds like they knew something we did not.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I will still probably call them about it next week, just to see what they have to say.

Have you looked and seen if they can be removed? Maybe take them off, clean them up and give them a good paint job?

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be flipping some burgers tomorrow, so will take a look while I am out there. I think some high temp paint would work if they are removable, but I will call Camp Chef first.

i have the woodwind and find the paint to be awful. I worked with their customer service a good amount and on one hand it was great and they were understanding but just getting things replaced and replaced and replaced was tiresome.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they were good to send a replacement for the lower shelf, which got dented in shipping, but it took 3-4 weeks for the replacement to show up.

They must be aware of the finish issues due to the exlusion in the warranty, but I am hoping they will do something on a cooker that isn't quite 3 months old. That said, if the bezels on the knobs did it once, they will likely do it again.

jfmorris Jim, I use my Camp Chef Somerset IV oudoor gas range about once a week and don't have that wear on the trim for the burner knobs like you do because they're made of black plastic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camp Chef SIV knob.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	906960

Perhaps when you speak to customer service they can send you the black plastic rim for replacement instead.

I'm sorry that you already see this wear and tear on your nearly brand new toy. That's always a distressing find. Here's hoping the CC people can sort it out for you.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Kathryn - thanks for showing me this. If they don’t send new parts, I think I will paint the ones I have with high temp black grill paint down the road.

jfmorris I have not had that problem. I'm a little annoyed to see a little rust on the stainless steel on the right side, though. I keep it meticulously dry, not sure what is causing it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here