Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS strikes..and wins...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS strikes..and wins...again

Click image for larger version

Name:	418283B9-1CA4-4647-9F86-4735E491C00D.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	900661Click image for larger version

Name:	0DBE2192-CDF9-46A6-9D7C-E415509EF136.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	900660 Well I finally got a new griddle. I VERY lightheartedly blame jfmorris for this. All those photos of his monster cooks on that monster griddle of his! 😂🤣

Anyway, I stumbled on a good price for a 17” Blackstone, added a stand and LP adaptor hose via Amazon, and waded in to the very shallow end of the griddle pool. If I find I like griddle cooking and do enough of it, I fiure I can upgrade next season. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like a plan...............hmmmm, or two........

Comment

Nice setup! I think you'll really enjoy griddle cookin, fast cookin and easy clean up, so much fun as well! Enjoy and show some pics of it in action if you can.

Comment

Ok I will. I need to season it now. But it is blazing hot outside right now. 🥵 Going to be that way until mid next week. I’m a sissy so it’ll have to wait. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Haha you sissy. Get out there and season that little griddle. 😁
          You are gonna love that little puppy. I use that one way more than my 36” But than it’s only for my wife and I.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just two of us as well. Figured the little one would be enough. Glad to hear I was right!

Glad to see you found something to start on. I predict that you are going to quickly learn you want a bigger griddle!

Comment

Well I FINALLY got to my first cook on my new Blackstone 17” griddle. See above photos. Can’t believe it took me so long to get to it. Other cooks scheduled, mother nature, and well, life just in the way it seems.

Anyway, I kept it simple with bacon cheese burgers. I like this! Bacon, fried onions, and if course the burgers all cooked in one shot. Just two of us so plenty of real estate. Would be tough if more peeps. No mess in the kitchen, clean up 2 min, and aside from our dinner plates, the only dish to wash was a spatula. Love it! Sorry no pics. Just forgot. But hey. Just burgers right? Still counts right? 🤣

I can already see MCS striking in the spring for a bigger unit. 🙄

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I knew it. Once you get going on a griddle you ain’t looking back.
              Still nothing like live fire cookin. But it’s a great alternative. 👍👍

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              No kidding! So many options. I am already debating Philly cheese steaks or Ruebens? And of course si much more.

• Alabama Smoke
              Alabama Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds great from here. Next time I suggest (if you like them) that you also griddle some chopped up mushrooms and peppers to assist those simmered onions. And lay a cheese slice or two across those burgers about 1 min before taking off. Fries from a deep fryer and you have nervona ( or however it's spelled)!

Gotta love flat top cooking!

Comment

I love my 36” Blackstone. Without question it’s my most frequently used cooker.

Comment

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                I read things like that and think, "I REALLY need to use mine more!"
                I just need more time.

See ya went to the Kwik Trip to over der, yup a Wisconsin thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here