Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need recommendations for Blackstone Pro Series 36" griddle cooking station cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need recommendations for Blackstone Pro Series 36" griddle cooking station cover

I picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago, and it has been hanging out in my garage while I finish staining the deck. Well, now the time has just about come to move the griddle around back, but now I'm in need of a cover. Does anyone have experience with a good one for this griddle, or do I just go with the one Blackstone sells? A couple of not so great reviews on the Blackstone site give me pause, plus the measurements make it seem too long for my griddle.

I have the Blackstone cover for the 28". It's a very good cover.I also have the metal hard cover because it resides outside all year. Between the both of them they work great.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      The model I have has the metal lid that is just a giant version of what is on a typical gas grill. My only concern with the Blackstone cover was a couple of reviews I saw that mentioned moisture forming on top, beneath the cover. But I will probably end up giving that one a shot.

Steve I’m not really sure with the review said however I’m sitting in the garage, I read your post, I got up and pulled my cover from my shelf, walked outside took the first picture, put the cover on, took the second picture sat back down on the garage and made this post. Total time three minutes. Total time on the post a minute and a half.

This cover is a fabulously quality product made by Blackstone. I don’t know what the review issues were so I don’t know if they’re true or not but my blackstone is generally covered when not in use.

This is an amazing cover and it’s heavy duty.

What are the questions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBEA5426-D839-4CB5-B5E6-F949655DE613.jpeg
Views:	1881
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	880823

Click image for larger version

Name:	517A0C6B-D422-40AF-9A7C-10013812EF89.jpeg
Views:	1682
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	880822

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      A couple of reviews I saw mentioned moisture forming on top, beneath the cover. Also, my griddle has the hinged lid. And the cover I saw on the website is solid black. Not sure if there is really any difference beyond that, though.

Perhaps at one point the reviewers cover finally got saturated??? How long as it raining?

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be on an uncovered deck facing West, so catching the brunt of rain and hot afternoon sun. I have a bunch of large mature trees blocking most of the wind, though.

I'd say any soft cover just left on all the time has the potential of trapping moisture under it. After wet weather, on a dry sunny day, I'd suggest taking off a soft cover, turning it inside out, and let it set in the sun. This would allow the inside of the cover to dry, and the grill as well.

Comment

I bought the blackstone branded cover. Fits PERFECTLY (obviously) and it has a waterproof backing which is important because half the year is rainy season for me.

And when the ibus leave* the cover has dual snap lock straps to keep it on.

*Florida lore says the ibus are the last birds to fly away before a hurricane and the first to return. This is why the mascot for the university of Miami is an ibus.

Comment

Steve R. How are you liking this Blackstone? There is one available in my town......MCS........

I like the hinged cover for it especially!

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm loving it even more than I thought I would! I'm constantly finding new uses for it. And there is something about cleaning it after a cook that is so satisfying.
        Last edited by Steve R.; August 16, 2020, 10:45 PM.

I bought this one for my Blackstone with a hinged lid. Mine is only a 28", so it is a touch big but it still fits well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here