Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone 22" griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone 22" griddle

I think I'm hopeless. With what seems to me to be every other post involving a flat top griddle. I have to have one!

It's just SWMBO'ed and I most of the time so do not want anything too large. Plus my Jumbo Joe is feeling bullied by all the big cookers I have. I'm thinking the 22" table top would fit my needs the best. https://blackstoneproducts.com/colle...el-front-plate I all ready have a 24"x30" cart to sit it on while I use it. What do ya think about the griddle?

Looking at all the stir fries and smash burgers has my mouth watering.
    Last edited by ofelles; June 1, 2020, 05:26 PM.

I’ve got a slightly larger Camp Chef, love it. Use it more often than I would have thought. Great for breakfasts of almost any kind, love fish cooked on it. Don’t use for meat very often. Keep meaning to do smashed burgers on it.

Comment

I have the 19” baby and love it!
      I wasn’t wearing a mask when I typed that but that is probably ok cause sounds like you are already positive for mcs.......
      Last edited by smokenoob; June 1, 2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I've got the Cuisinart 360 which has a slightly larger cooking area and it's easily enough room to cook for 2 people. So, yes, you should get it. Also get the kit fo the 20 lb tank, because you're gonna end up cooking on it way more often than you think. Griddle cooking is just plain fun.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          I like your thinking

Have one and really like it. Two burner setup is great to allow very hot side and a bit cooler side if needed, or 2 hot sides for larger capacity.

Comment

have one at the camper for the 3 of us. it's plenty big and stores easily.

Comment

Have a griddle for my gas grill and wish I had what your looking at. I have cooked on a friends and it is a jewel.

Comment

I got one that a little bigger. Love that thing. Just took the cover off a couple days ago.

Steve B has the one your looking at and he puts up some mean steak sammies!

Comment

I have the Camp Chef flat top and it is one that I just would not want to do without.

Comment

I have a Blackstone 17" and a 36". Love them both but the 17" is reserved for camping. I literally use the 36" 5-6 times a week. Love that thang!!

Comment

As HouseHomey said. I have the 36” and the 17” ones. Love em both but tend to use the smaller one a lot more often. Just the wife and I do unless I’m cooking several things at once it’s more convenient to use the little one.
                    If you can get a 2 burner it will give you a two zone option. Would be very helpful.
                    Good luck when you get your new toy. 😁👍

Comment

MCS is a demanding ……….um.....mistress (not sure what term would work for the gals...……..how about "stud muffin"?) Anyway, last night I ordered the BBQ Hack pellet fired griddle for my RT...……..not that I don't already have 3 or 4 other steel or iron alternatives for the other cookers, but the siren song of "gee that looks like an interesting device." is just too strong. Imagine how much chaos there'd be if MCS triggered a shut down of the economy.

Comment

I absolutely LOVE my Blackstone, and I'm utterly convinced that you'll LOVE havin one, as well!

Comment

I have the 36" Blackstone and here too it's just the two of us. It doesn't get used a ton, but the extra space makes it super convenient when cooking multiple things at the same time. Like stir fry and breakfasts. Plenty of room to cook everything at the same time in their very own space and then combine. A pile of meat there, veggies here and the rice over there. Then a giant pile of everything together in the middle!

Comment

• Steve B
                            Steve B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly.

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeppers, that's why havin some real estate makes life better...

No Blackstone, but I have a Camp Chef 3 burner stove with a CI griddle. I love that thing. And I predict you are going to love yours when you get it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here