Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keto Breakfast on the Blackstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto Breakfast on the Blackstone

My first breakfast on the Blackstone griddle. Bacon and keto pancakes that are actually really, really good. Most keto substitutes taste like crap but these pancakes were incredible! Light, fluffy and really tasty. Topped them off with a bunch of butter and some sugar free maple syrup (Canadian made) that was also surprisingly yummy.

Pancake recipe - https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes...o-gluten-free/
    Sugar free maple syrup - https://www.amazon.ca/Steeves-Maples.../dp/B0797FSQ3R

Click image for larger version  Name:	baconketo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	276.2 KB ID:	829630
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200411_080537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	829632
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200411_081056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	902.8 KB ID:	829631
    Last edited by pkadare; April 11, 2020, 06:50 AM.

I'm definitely getting a jones for pancakes. My local joint has been shut down for 3 weeks. This post is an inspiration to COOK BREAKFAST!

Comment

Nice work!! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, although I almost never eat it.

Comment

Looks great! I need to go garage diving for my Blackstone......it’s been offline to long
        so many cooks are great on a flat top!

Comment

Superb! Thanks for sharing the keto pancake recipe. My wife and I are about to go back on it. We took a break and have been enjoying mashed taters, oven fries, and tacos the last couple months. We took a sabbatical with a goal to go back on it so that we could eat some guilty pleasure foods and not feel guilty. Darn near time to get back on the wagon. We too have found that most keto substitute bread products are bleh but we like fathead's recipes, and I'm anxious to try this one based on your thumbs up.

Comment

Just show how "keto" these pancakes are, I ate 3 of these, smothered in the sugar free maple syrup. Had these been normal pancakes and normal maple syrup, my blood sugar would have been through the roof.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	bsketopancakes.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	829730

Comment

My wife informs me that these are the exact recipe she already uses when she makes pancakes! Who knew... I guess next time she makes them I need to try them.

Comment

Not a keto person but always interested in new ways of cooking.

I see the author of your recipe has 3 versions -- coconut flour only, almond flour only, and mostly almond with a little coconut (the recipe you made). Looking at the coconut-almond version, what does the coconut flour add to the party that the almond flour lacks?

Comment

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't really know as I've not tried the other 2.

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can neither confirm nor deny, however, from the recipe author:
                  "Still, I was convinced that a low carb pancakes recipe using both flours would lead to an improved texture. After a few experiments to determine ratios, my hypothesis came true!"
                  also:
                  "No matter what kind of flour I use, though, I always have someone asking me for a substitution. Some people are allergic to coconuts, some to almonds, and some just have one or the other type of flour on hand."

Hey, I get it! And I’m here for you,

• IowaGirl
                  IowaGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess I'll just have to experiment to see the difference. Thanks for the feedback, pkadare.

You're making it really hard for me to keep saying No to a flattop purchase.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here