Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much yellow flame on Blackstone 28 flat top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much yellow flame on Blackstone 28 flat top

The 28 I bought second hand a few months ago is throwing more than half yellow flame off both burners. Tank is 3/4 full and just swapped out the gas line and regulator to see if it would fix. Read somewhere that the air intake could be adjusted at the burner but don't see an adjustment. I'm pretty sure it just needs more oxygen. Any help is much appreciated!

Hmmm. I had some problems with my 17”. But it turned out to be the cold weather.
    I also changed the propane tank, hose and regulator.
    Now what you call the regulator is that the right angle thing with the non valve looking thing on it?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a 17 as well. On the 28 the regulator is connected to the hose end near the tank.

When you swapped out and attached the hose you were sure the tank was off? Usually there is a little disk that you can adjust where the rubber hose meets the cast iron or aluminum neck of the burner.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessir. Tank was off. I haven't used it in at least 30 days.

Presumably, alla th burners, orifices, etc. are all nice an clean? Jus askin, place to start...
    Bein under th flattop, they don't git no food in em, per se, but can git bugs, webs, an other detritus in em, if stored outside.
    All I gots, 'ceptin mebbe try a different bottle of propane?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bones, I think you might be onto somethin'. I swapped out tanks before with no luck. It is stored outside on my deck so maybe a burner or two has a host inside.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      bet the muddobbers got him.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Mr. Bones is on to something also, this would be my guess as well, burner orifices being dirty and/or plugged or the burner is just plain shot.
      Them spiders just love propane so they say....

This is from the FAQ on the Blackstone website:

Why is my griddle not getting up to temperature? Or why aren’t the flames on my burners consistent?
    There are three possibilities:
    • First thing to check is the regulator reset. All regulators come with a safety feature to slow the release of propane gas in the event the propane tank is left on. To reset the regulator, turn everything off, including the propane tank. Unhook the regulator from the propane tank. Wait about 15 minutes. This should allow the regulator the time to reset. Then hook the regulator back up to the propane tank and slowly turn on the propane.
    • A second option to try is the air gate adjustment. Each burner has an air gate to control the air to gas ratio. There is a tiny silver screw that you can loosen and a metal gate that you can slide open or losed. It is recommended to start at half closed. Once you find the setting you like you can tighten the screw and it will stay like that.
    • The final option is that the regulator may be defective. If you have tried the other two options and this has not solved the issue, please contact Blackstone customer service at (435) 252-3030 ext#1.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here