Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Single Burner Rec Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Single Burner Rec Stove

Has anyone used this?
    I'm considering this for deep frying and boiling corn on the patio. Will the legs support heavy stock pots and dutch ovens?

The only review for that cooker on the Blackstone site indicates the guy was worried about the legs collapsing until he drilled holes in place of some dimples in the collapsible legs, to let him secure them with screws. The website does not specify a weight limit unfortunately.

I know it’s shorter, but I have this burner, which has a lot more BTU’s at 55,000 versus 21,000, and I can vouch that it will hold 15 gallons of boiling liquid in a heavy pot:

If you need a single burner for big pots, the Bayou Classic is highly recommended. They have a wide variety of outdoor propane cookers. Camp chef also has 60,000 btu single burner stoves that are under $99. The low BTU output of the Blackstone burner to me makes it a non-starter.

Comment

Thanks@jmorris
      I'm thinking Bayou Classic KAB6

Comment

Originally posted by CRO View Post
        Thanks@jmorris
        I'm thinking Bayou Classic KAB6
        Wow - 164,000 btu’s is something else - it will get things to a boil quick!

Comment

I think it's going to be a little heavy on the fryer. These pans are very heavy, I think the fryer will not stand. You need a deep fryer with very strong legs, or smaller pots. You know, I recently bought a propane burner with one burner and it turned out to be very convenient for cooking on the street or in the garage. I know that such burners are usually used by mountaineers or hikers and I bought it specifically for hiking, but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. Sometimes I like to go to the garage and cook something on this burner, the taste is great, as if cooked on a fire.

Last edited by KTurner; March 1, 2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to The Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here